The Boys are Back in Town! (Manatees that is)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCesquba

Reaction score
Went to Blue Springs today and it was gorgeous...
Not too many people, and a friendly and photogenic manatee...

This Manatee was actually doing barrel rolls for the camera... (show off)

First one I have see in 2004...

I put some pics up on my website http://www.joelaw.8k.com/ then click Photo Page...

Blue Springs is still an old favorite!

Check it out!

Was this one close to the boil near the downed tree? I floated by it on the way down the river, but didn't see any others. :wink:

metaldector:
Was this one close to the boil near the downed tree? I floated by it on the way down the river, but didn't see any others. :wink:

Yes! thats the one, he was parked right over the hole when we were coming up, this was the only one I saw, but we got out of the water at the entry point and didn't check out the rest of the run to the swim platform...

Somebody reported seeing a manatee off Hibiscus in Lauderdale by the Sea last week. Last time I actually saw one in the ocean was February 2003, though we saw a pod last February in one of the Miami rivers (off the Big Fish restaurant deck). They're a sad story, but they keep hanging in there!

I can't wait till I get to snorkel with them (next month), in the mean time, looking at them from above, I stand by my original observation...they looked like baked potatoes with fins! LOL

:lol3: ROFL! I never thought of it that way before. Now having T-Steaks seems that much more appropriate!

How do they react to flash photo? (Need duct tape over the flashport if they don't like it.)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom