Tampa Tech Team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been asked by Depth Perception (in Brandon, FL) to resurrect the Tampa Tech Team. Previously, this club was focused on technical and cave diving with members from the Tampa area. They were very active in trips both local and international (Mexico, Truk, etc.).

Since the club was previously only centered around those divers that dove out of Depth Perception and was somewhat limited in people I have decided to branch out and see if there are others in the Tampa area that are interested in such a club.

The club will still, more than likely, meet at Depth Perception. We recently bought a "KEGERATOR" so that should make the trip worthwhile. The "KEGERATOR" should be operational tonight. I am going to stop by and sample.

The intention of the club, as many others, is to promote technical and cave diving to its members, organize trips and knowledge sessions. In addition, we are soliciting for manufacturers to offer their products for testing and promotion as well.

In the past Tampa Tech Team members have been to the USS Monitor, done pushes at Twin D's and Eagle's Nest as well as many other dives. These are samples to give everyone an idea of the type of divers we previously had. Several are already on this board.

I would like to know if there is any interest from SB members local to the Tampa area that are interested in meeting and possibly joining this club. The more divers the better. It will help us develop stronger trips and meetings.

Please let me know if you might be interested and I will get some information to you. The first meeting will be in January with a "shallow water tech" dive on the Mexican Pride and the Bohica Pride.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Walter
Tampa Diving & Boating

fgray1:
I've been to DP and I wasn't impressed with the attitude they showed.
I haven't been back.
Good luck.
Fred

Fred,

I would really be interested in understanding more of the situation you encountered. There have been changes at DPDC but I don't know if that has been since you visited. When did you visit? Who had a bad attitude? This information is beneficial. Do not be afraid to name names. You can reach my offline a wpickel@yahoo.com or PM me. I am very interested in hearing what you have to say.

DeepSea:
Fred,

I would really be interested in understanding more of the situation you encountered. There have been changes at DPDC but I don't know if that has been since you visited. When did you visit? Who had a bad attitude? This information is beneficial. Do not be afraid to name names. You can reach my offline a wpickel@yahoo.com or PM me. I am very interested in hearing what you have to say.

I was there checking out the place about 10 or eleven months ago.
The women that was there was fantastic very polite and helpful. I had my doubles filled with Nitrox and all went well. The next time I went in there were 2 or 3 guys there and the elite "I'm a tech diver attitude" was overwelming. They Asked if I was tech diver and I said yes and I told them I was cave certified. They turned away and it seemed that because they couldn't do anything to impress me they kinda ignored me. I didn't get any names and they didn't seem interesrted in giving any. I haven't been back.
The store itself is laid out good but if you don't feel comfortable going in what good is it. This is just my simple observation. With all the troubles LDS have I hope the changes you make work for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom