Safety Stop problems on a mares M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gibb

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.

Recently bought a Mares M1 RGBM wrist mounted dive computer.

I am very happy with it apart from one thing. As a BSAC diver, I am meant to do my safety stop at 6m. Unfortunately, the M1 does its safety stop at 3m.

This means that currently I have to guess at my safety stop, or go up to 3m check what the computer says, and then go down to 6m again! :eyebrow:

I have the PC interface (IRIS) - is there anyway to change this or is it embedded in software. There is certainly nothing in the instruction manual, and there seems to be no tech support email on their website that i can find.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give!

Gibb:
Hi guys and gals.

Recently bought a Mares M1 RGBM wrist mounted dive computer.

I am very happy with it apart from one thing. As a BSAC diver, I am meant to do my safety stop at 6m. Unfortunately, the M1 does its safety stop at 3m.

This means that currently I have to guess at my safety stop, or go up to 3m check what the computer says, and then go down to 6m again! :eyebrow:...

I'm sure your computer has a clock and depth display. When you hit 6m look at the time and wait 3 minutes. This is the same thing you will need to do if you want to do a safety stop at any other depth. There should be no need for you to go to 3 meters just to see the time countdown. If so, get rid of that thing.

From what i've seen with mine, the time is additive, if you stop at 6m, it will keep track of it and subtract from the 3m time. I don't know if you can re-set the depth.

calculate the 3 minute saftey stop at any depth just above 5 meters (4.9m). Between my buddy (wife) we own 3 of these computers, one of then an older non RGBM version, all all of them calculate the safety stop at any depth above 5 meters.

Don´t want to cause you any problems with BSAC but if you dont want to/can´t keep track of the minutes...why not go up to 3 meters?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom