LBTS/Dania Area Shore diving 11/20-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like slim pickings on the ScubaDucks dive out of Boynton, but i think Krista and I will tag along with the group in the morning. That leaves us with some potential dive time in the afternoon and on sunday as well. Is anyone up for anything shore diving based for the rest of that weekend?

I still want to try north of Commercial and go back and hit Oakland Park, maybe find the Erojacks finally or any other such dive in that area. Worst case Krista and i will go out and play with buoyancy on her new tank and wetsuit after a bit of reef cruising :wink:

Just to entice you even more, the weather looks reasonable:
.SATURDAY...WINDS EAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO
2 FEET OR LESS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
.SUNDAY...WINDS EAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.
Temps in lower 80's, sunny 20% chance of showers

Breakers - actual BREAKERS - were plowing over the reef edge out at the balls Sunday through last night, and it will take a while for the water to clear after such conditions. As of yesterday, I wouldn't even think about diving again soon BUT... you never know. If it lays down RIGHT now, Saturday may be OK... Sunday may be better.

I wish I had gone out Saturday... the water was fairly calm and divers said it was "diveable" visibility... unfortunately, I was down with a cold. Maybe this weekend? I hope so!!!

I'll be around of Saturday & after 1 Pm on Sunday...

I will hope for an updated report sometime before the end of work on friday - at least that way i can see if its worth making the trip down, but i hope to.

MikeJacobs:
I wish I had gone out Saturday... the water was fairly calm and divers said it was "diveable" visibility... unfortunately, I was down with a cold. Maybe this weekend? I hope so!!!

You were home and you didn't even come out to say hello?

So there will be diving before you leave?

Marc

FLL Diver:
You were home and you didn't even come out to say hello? So there will be diving before you leave? Marc
lol I was on my deathbed... had the beginnings of this cold that is going around. It's baaad if you don't nip it right away, so if you get the sore throat take a day off and sleep!

There will be diving AFTER I move, too, Marc!

In fact, we're going for a condo right up the beach north of Publix. This one has a pool!

Angie and I are likely to be up for Sunday. Anyone up for Pompano????

if conditions are right I'll be up for getting in the water this weekend, keep me posted.
Pompano sounds tempting also...
Alli

I havent dove Pompano, have to checked in with my hostess regarding other commitments and it seems sunday afternoon might be a go. We might still make it out on saturday as well, but will have to balance up the various things to get done that weekend as well. Ok, so which street off Pompano is best? 6th, 8th or 12th or something like that i thought i had seen mentioned a bunch?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom