POP QUIZ - local pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Learn about your local critters. Here’s how it works:

Identify the species featured in the previous post’s photo AND post a new photo link for the next reply.

If possible, tell when and where your pic was taken. If it’s not your photo, no problemo as long as it’s a NW species.

See a mistake? Politely correct it. To prevent hijacking of the thread, corrections should be
1) explained
2) include a source (preferably a link) AND
3) include a new photo link for the next reply

NOTE: If you post from a SB gallery, link only the image so your gallery comments don’t pop up giving away the answer. To do this just right click on the pic, select properties and copy the image URL that comes up and paste it in your message. If you need help uploading or hosting pics, feel free to PM me and I can try to help.

I'll start:

The photo featured to the left is the Pacific Northwest Giant DeepDog (Canis Deepis Drinkis)

New photo taken last night at Alki: What is it?
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/35511PB160047_wssd_szd-med.JPG

Are we having fun yet? :cheers:

:06: This is my backyard and is an excellent pic. Good work Deepdog! The creature in question is a grunt sculpin (Rhanphocottus richardsoni if you want to get real technical about it). Also known affectionately as "the retards of the sea", these fish seem the most ill at ease of any fish I've ever seen while swimming about. My ID book says they "hop" along the bottom, which I'll say is being generous. I don't have a photo of something that I need Identified at the moment, but I have a description. I was at sunrise the other day and noticed that the rocks are covered with this purple stuff, looks kind of like lichens would if you were above water. So what the $%*# is it?

OR

Tell me what's eating what here
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/2420/P2280029.jpg

DeepDog:
Learn about your local critters. Here’s how it works:

Identify the species featured in the previous post’s photo AND post a new photo link for the next reply.

If possible, tell when and where your pic was taken. If it’s not your photo, no problemo as long as it’s a NW species.

See a mistake? Politely correct it. To prevent hijacking of the thread, corrections should be
1) explained
2) include a source (preferably a link) AND
3) include a new photo link for the next reply

NOTE: If you post from a SB gallery, link only the image so your gallery comments don’t pop up giving away the answer. To do this just right click on the pic, select properties and copy the image URL that comes up and paste it in your message. If you need help uploading or hosting pics, feel free to PM me and I can try to help.

I'll start:

The photo featured to the left is the Pacific Northwest Giant DeepDog (Canis Deepis Drinkis)

New photo taken last night at Alki: What is it?
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/35511PB160047_wssd_szd-med.JPG

Are we having fun yet? :cheers:

s****enstein:
Try this one. Even I don't know what it is. Taken in Saanich Inlet near Victoria B.C.
Don't know. But, BTW, who's the diver to the right of you in your avatar? The one giving you a kiss?? :wink:

Oh, and what's this guy eatting??

Looks like he's sucking the head of a craw fish.

fmw625:
Looks like he's sucking the head of a craw fish.
You cheated!! You're from Arkansas!

Yep, from Arkansas now originally from Mississippi. Sucked a few craw fish heads myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom