Photoshop CS for $99??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh:
I need to get a editing program that has a RAW converter and found this link. What do you think? Does it sound legitimate?
www.buysusa.com
Adobe sells CS for $649. I seriously doubt these people can sell it for $99. I'm not sure what this means, but it doesn't look right:
This is a CD only sale. ...As bundled software it qualifies for all online upgrades but does not qualify for technical support registration from Adobe.
Read their faq. It appears that all you get is a disk, no box or manuals. And the wording itself is ambiguous, it doesn't actually say you can register it, in fact it implicitly says you can't do tech support registration.
All titles are full versions, but will not register for tech support.
All the Adobe products I've ever registered were eligible for tech support, in fact there's no differentiation during the registration process. So I don't know what they're talking about.

Maybe the rules are different in Canada. Here's a thread on digitaldiver.net about a similar deal. Consensus was it's a scam. Read the comments from poster danielsan, he's an Adobe employee.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=9274

Hopefully Dee will chime in here soon, i believe that she got caught out by something similar not too long ago......but i might be mistaken.

The major question you need to ask these people is IF this is an UNREGISTERED version that CAN be REGISTERED WITH ADOBE.

If not, then it will NOT qualify for upgrades, and can NOT be activated. One thing that throws me about the Add is that it appears to take into consideration activation, however they say the activation number changes...which it does NOT for REAL software. The activation IS based on registration.

In CS, Adobe has an activation code that MUST be registered with them within 30 days, or the software disables. I'm very sure there are ways around this, but not LEGAL ways.

For $99 I seriously doubt that this software can be registered, but I've been wrong before :11: .

Adobe does NOT offer a version that I'm aware of that can be registered that does NOT come with Tech assistance. In fact, registering my CS upgrade on top of my last *real* registeration (like Adobe 4.0) was the MOST technical problem I've ever had with Adobe, and required about an hour on the phone to get it done.

This appears to me to be OEM software, and THAT will NOT be something that can be registered unless you also purchased the Computer/Printer/Scanner whatever that it was intended to be bundled with.

Here is a LEGAL way to purchase CS on the cheap, but not for $99. I have helped more than a few do this, and no worries.

Find a FULL VERSION of older ADOBE PS. This MUST be unregistered, and include the registration #. Don't confuse packaging with registration, but make sure whom ever you get it from says that it is FULL, and can be REGISTERED with ADOBE.

Another option is to purchase a registered version from an individual and have them transfer registration. If you EVER purchase a used version of ADOBE, make SURE that it includes a REGISTRATION Transfer. If not, you just as well have purchased an illegal OEM version for $29.

Once you have completed registration of the older version of PS, you can purchase the upgrade. I purchased my CS upgrade when they came out, and paid $135 I believe. They should be less expensive now. Adobe CS can be upgraded on top of ANY Full registered prior version. Don't let anyone tell you different, and call Adobe if you want to verify this. What is confusing to some is that upgrading/activation with registered versions PRIOR to 6.0 will required Adobe tech assistance to make it happen, but even 7.0 owners have often been forced to call to get the activation working as this is a new and convaluted thing for Adobe.

Good luck, and happy shooting....

Ron

mjh:
I need to get a editing program that has a RAW converter and found this link. What do you think? Does it sound legitimate?

www.buysusa.com

It sounds like it's hacked.

Usually, the warez sources that do this decompile the program, disable the key validation subroutine, then recompile it.

The bad part is that malware is usually included when recompiling the program. Yeeks.

What Ron suggests is a perfectly legal way to save some $.

All the best, James

What is OEM? Thanks

Not being very tech savy I need something I can just load and use. I have never used tech support so that is not a big issue but I don't want to get thirty days of use and have it shut down. Buying PS and then upgrading might be a little beyond my ability. Are there any other programs that can handle RAW but don't cost +$500?

RonFrank:
This appears to me to be OEM software, and THAT will NOT be something that can be registered unless you also purchased the Computer/Printer/Scanner whatever that it was intended to be bundled with.
Ron
So if something that is being sold is listed as OEM, it's a good bet that it is not a legal version?? Yes? No?

AmyJ:
So if something that is being sold is listed as OEM, it's a good bet that it is not a legal version?? Yes? No?

OEM means original equipment manufacuture. For Computer resellers what it *generally* means is that they purchase a product from a manufacture, modify it somewhat, and then put their name on it.

In the computer biz, hardware is sold with software. Dell may pay Adobe for 5000 licenses for PS to put on their puters. Adobe does NOT provide Dell with complete software for EACH unit, rather DELL burns an image of the OS/software all ready to go onto their hardware complete with a license that Adobe will recognize as an OEM license for a DELL product.

The consumer often has no way to restore software on the computer without using the backup that the hardware manufacture supplies which generally will NOT work if one attempts to restore on a different CPU. The idea is that one is purchasing a *bundled* product.

This get's rather complicated as I am describing a general way that these companies do business, but this can vary GREATLY.

So OEM software is generally software that was INTENDED to be licensed and bundled on certain hardware based on agreements between the Hardware and software manufactures. However if the hardware manufacture does NOT use the software, goes out of business, whatever, it is possible to use the OEM licenses.

This is one of the major types of activity that Adobe is attempting to prevent by building in the authorizing agents and disabling software after 30 days. They are trying to reduce unauthrized use of OEM licenses by third party retailers whom they have NO agreement with.

Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true, it generally is...

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom