Turtle shot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
hi all

I still remember how to use Film!

I have been shooting with my Nikonos! found those pesky turtles again and managed to burn 36 frames on this one as I swam along side. nailed almost 20 decent shots on that run. Woo Hoo

Nikonos III, 20 mm, single SB-104 set at 1/4 power positioned on center above the camera
1/60 th, F5.6
Provia 100 asa

Image by Chris Bangs (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

Chris Bangs:
I still remember how to use Film!

I have been shooting with my Nikonos! found those pesky turtles again and managed to burn 36 frames on this one as I swam along side. nailed almost 20 decent shots on that run. Woo Hoo

]
Wow, that's beautiful.
Now doesn't it just piss you off you can't reload? And then when you're on a surface interval (anytime not breathing from a reg) that you have to develop it instead of download it?

Where's the other 35?
Oh, I'm so demanding..............

Chris, can that be my new wallpaper for my monitor?
It's either that or you in that Santa hat.........

pennypue:
Wow, that's beautiful.
Now doesn't it just piss you off you can't reload? And then when you're on a surface interval (anytime not breathing from a reg) that you have to develop it instead of download it?

Where's the other 35?
Oh, I'm so demanding..............

I could have shot a lot more BUT a film camera will allow me to shoot all 36 frames as fast as I could advance the film. My S2 ( may it rest in piece ) would only allow between 6 and 8 frames as the Cache would max out and prevent further shooting until the data was written to the card.

processing the film is not the big issue. I hate scanning! more later - maybe!

Nice shot. Keep 'em coming.

That's a lovely turtle shot, Chris! But the water... it just looks funny somehow... I can't exactly put my finger on it... but i get the distinct impression that is it... clear? and warm? What's up with that :wink: ??

Just wait till you get here! Not only will you most likely NOT see a sea turtle, you will have to wear a lot more than just your trunks when you dive!!

jennifer

I really like that one, Chris! Nice color.

Outstanding shot Chris! Makes a fellow Nikonos Neanderthal proud. When you get to the end of a roll do you ever get tempted to try to stretch the film for just one more shot?

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom