NAUI Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Matthews

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone in Western Oregon providing NAUI program training for Rescue Diver and Master Diver?

Thanks

Mike Matthews:
Is anyone in Western Oregon providing NAUI program training for Rescue Diver and Master Diver?

Mike,

Contact NWGrateful Diver here on scubaboard. He is a NAUI instructor and very thorough with his courses. Both of you are west of Denver which is close enough to warrant taking classes from him. If he lived east of the Mississippi river I'd take classes from him starting with AOW.

jbd

Thnaks folks. I'll contact an Oregon based shop. I am not in position to travel more than 50 to 80 miles for class.

jbd:
Mike,

Contact NWGrateful Diver here on scubaboard. He is a NAUI instructor and very thorough with his courses. Both of you are west of Denver which is close enough to warrant taking classes from him. If he lived east of the Mississippi river I'd take classes from him starting with AOW.

jbd

Mike

There are serveral good shops in salem for your Training. No they are not Naui, but either Hydrosports in Keizer or Blake at Salem Scuba can take care of any training needs you have. Both Shops are top quality. There are serveral of us in the Salem Area. If I can help please let me know.
Thanks Allen

Thanks
CustomTech:
Mike

There are serveral good shops in salem for your Training. No they are not Naui, but either Hydrosports in Keizer or Blake at Salem Scuba can take care of any training needs you have. Both Shops are top quality. There are serveral of us in the Salem Area. If I can help please let me know.
Thanks Allen

CustomTech:
Mike

Thanks Allen

Just keep in mind that the curriculum for the courses being asked about are different with a different agency. In some cases those differences are significant.

For example, the PADI Master Diver rating is not the same as a NAUI Master Diver rating ... nor is there any similarity in the curriculum. In this case, the same term is used to mean two very different things.

This is not to imply that one is better than the other ... only that the potential student needs to put some thought into what they really want to get out of the course when deciding which one to choose.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Can I ask why you chose NAUI Mike?

See NW Gratefuls reply. I trained ina NAUI program, did some class assitance at one point, and want to maintain continuity in my training.

bcsean:
Can I ask why you chose NAUI Mike?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom