question about force fins and aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVYman

Reaction score
hey everyone

i have a set of mares volo power fins and i think they are great. however i have been constantly interested in buying a set of force fins or aqualung. the mares are a little to easy for me to kick and i want to use my legs more. i am an everyday runner, swimmer, and bicicyle rider so my legs are very strong (lots of NAVY training). what set of force fins would suit me i have had no experience with these fins so i really dont know. i was also looking at the aqualung jet fins. which are better? force fin or jet? thanks everyone for your help!

NAVYman:
hey everyone

i have a set of mares volo power fins and i think they are great. however i have been constantly interested in buying a set of force fins or aqualung. the mares are a little to easy for me to kick and i want to use my legs more. i am an everyday runner, swimmer, and bicicyle rider so my legs are very strong (lots of NAVY training). what set of force fins would suit me i have had no experience with these fins so i really dont know. i was also looking at the aqualung jet fins. which are better? force fin or jet? thanks everyone for your help!
SORRY I MEANT AQUALUNG ROCKET FINS NOT JET

I have found that the aqualung ones are too "soft" for many, and the fin pockets are really small - you may even have a hard time fitting into them.

The force fins are fairly unique in that they do use a unique kick cycle - mainly your quads. I had a pair of the regular type for years, and liked them, until I lost one...

Fins however, do come down in large part, to personal preference...so...perhaps see if you can try both pairs on a test dive and see which ones you like better?

Hiya~
You may want to check out some new production "Giant UDT Duck Feet". You sound like you should have the legs to make them work.
http://www.vintagescubasupply.com/maskfin.html
Force Fins will require modifying your kicking style & some folks don't like to mess with that.
One of my buddies uses a pair of Force Fins to dive in some brisk currents & he likes them, gets good performance form them too.
I could never quite get the hang of the kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom