Palm Beach Conditions - I'm going to be in warm water! Yaaaay!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody know how the water temp. has been running around Palm Beach?

It's around 87 in PB now, which is perfect for a thin wetsuit, but Long Key has been running in the low 70's which is getting into drysuit-with-thin-underwear range (OK, I'll admit it, I like drysuits)

Is PB likely to still be around 80 next week, or does it flip back and forth, depending on the current?

I'm trying to figure out if I should pack a wetsuit or a drysuit, since it's really hard to bring both with the current luggage limtations.

Thanks!

Terry

I just got back from diving West Palm this weekend. The water temp (at 60 fsw) is 79 degrees.

Doug

I think I can handle that in a wetsuit!

Terry

debersole:
I just got back from diving West Palm this weekend. The water temp (at 60 fsw) is 79 degrees.

Doug

How much diving are you intent on doing? If its a quick boat trip then a 3mm would do, longer time underwater such as shore diving or 4 boat dives i would suggest taking a 5mm. I do ok on 3mm until the lower 70's. We had 77/75 on the shore and close to 78 out on the boat - but the breeze was up so SI's were chilly!

It was 76 this weekend at 75' off of Pompano. Surface temps were 80-81.

Paul

Yikes - the temps start getting into the 70's and I get cold. My friends up in the Pacific Northwest, the Northeast, and Canada make fun of me and call me unflattering names. And remember, when they're impugning me, they're impugning everyone else down here freezing to death during the surface interval, especially at night.
Well, nobody told them to live in a refrigerator. When I lived in Hawaii, I got cold in the winter there and almost moved to Fiji to be warm year round.
With my luck, the hell I finally wind up in will be the one in Michigan.

I guess I'll bring the drysuit and the wetsuit, and figure out how cold it feels when I get there. :cool:

Now I just have to figure out how to stuff it into my bag. :cool:

Terry

Tom Winters:
Yikes - the temps start getting into the 70's and I get cold. My friends up in the Pacific Northwest, the Northeast, and Canada make fun of me and call me unflattering names. And remember, when they're impugning me, they're impugning everyone else down here freezing to death during the surface interval, especially at night.
Well, nobody told them to live in a refrigerator. When I lived in Hawaii, I got cold in the winter there and almost moved to Fiji to be warm year round.
With my luck, the hell I finally wind up in will be the one in Michigan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom