jet fin vs. rocket fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVYman

Reaction score
whats better in terms of all around performance. which one would be better doing long open water surface swims (about 3 miles). also i am a shoe size 11 and i wear akona titanium booties, they are very light weight and thin. what size jet fin would most likely fit me large or extra large. anyone know? thanks so much everyone.
-matt

Performance is nearly identical.

You'll really need to try them on, but your size will probably be Super Rocket or XL Jet.

theskull

The rocket fin was a copy of the jet. The angle of the jet fin slotting was patented by SP. Therefore, the rocket had to use a different (shallower) and in most people's view, less efficient angle for their fins.

Oh man,

I need a pair of the XXL Jets. My XLs are too small for my dry suit boots.

kidspot:
I tried a pair of XL jets with very thin size 12 3mm boots and they were just slightly too tight width wise. I had to move up to a size 13 boot 7mm and XXL jets - great combination for me.If it helps you can check out the pics here for info and comparisons
Width as in top to bottom or side to side?

Pete, we have a pair hanging on the wall :D

I've heard Rockets are a poor knockoff of Jets, I love my Jets, I just wish the foot pocket was designed a little better.

do I dare ask why you're doing a 3 mile surface swim? I love my turtles personally, have a set of jets on the way, but some new fancy fins are way easier to go long distance. Jets/rockets/turtles, whatever, are designed to dive as far as I'm concerned.

Just not sure what you're really looking for here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom