Need help with a Sea & Sea / Nikonos Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiep3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recently purchased a used Sea & Sea Lens for my Nikonos V. It is not the current model, instead it has a dome over the lens. The lens says 20mm/wide 2.8. If anyone is familiar with this lens, any information would be appreciated. Particularly, any specs on the lens.

Thanks

That sounds like an older lens. I remember that Sea & Sea had a 20mm f3.5 which is still available. That's a good lens. Does yours have any notations on the fucusing knob, such as depth of field?

Sea & Sea had a 17mm lens which looked rather big. I've never used one but heard that it's okay, not great. The only other Sea & Sea lens with a dome I recall is the 12mm. It's expensive, has a dome and is supposed to be very good.

Defintely a 20mm, very large lens body, No depth of field scale, focus only marked in meters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom