ScubaBoard Screen Saver Contest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Get those memory cards downloaded and that film developed, we want and need your photos!

To help support our ScubaBoard, we will be offering screen savers for sale in the near future. The excellent photos in our Gallery and those posted to the Photo Forums are the inspiration for this project and we hope you will all contribute. In order to appeal to everyone, our plans are to offer screen savers in several subject choices. So, come on! Show us your photos of technical diving, i.e. wreck, cave, etc. as well as reefs and pretty fish, something for everyone. Topside photos will also be accepted.

This isn't a contest in the true sense of the word. The administration will make the choices of which photos will be used versus members voting on the photos. (Hopefully in the near future we'll have regular monthly photo contests the members will vote on. Winners from those monthly contests will possibly be printed on a 2006 calendar.)

The winners, and there will be many, will receive a copy of the screen saver and a coffee mug with their winning photo on it. If more than one of your photos is chosen you’ll get more than one mug!

We are accepting entries now. Please follow the size requirements below and email your entries to ScubaboardPhotos@aol.com.

Rules and Regulations for Photo Competitions

Files:
JPG (JPEG) files only!
Submissions should be 1024 X 768.
Files size no larger than 200K
Use only ‘web-friendly’ file names (no spaces - use ‘_’ instead)

By submitting an image to the ScubaBoard.com contest, you agree to the following:

You affirm that you are the artist (photographer) and owner of publication rights for the photo you submit.
You have read and understand these rules and regulations.

You irrevocably grant ScubaBoard.com non-exclusive rights to publish the submitted image in the ScubaBoard.com Screen saver, to be offered for sale. Each photographer will retain the copyrights of their photos. Once entered you forfeit all rights to any royalties from the sales of the screensavers.

Members may submit up to five entries per competition. Entries will be accepted until Dec. 15. You may add a small signature to the bottom right corner, just make sure it doesn't distract from the photo. I'd like to make sure members get full credit for their photos.

Photos, which have won in prior ScubaBoard.com photo competitions, are not eligible for subsequent competitions.

Any violation of these rules or attempt to fraudulently affect the outcome of a ScubaBoard.com competition may result in disqualification from the current and future ScubaBoard.com competitions.

The ScubaBoard.com administrators, on a contest-by-contest basis, will set qualification standards for voters.

In the event of a tie vote a panel of judges, composed of non-contestants, will be appointed by the ScubaBoard.com administrators to select a winner from the tied entries.

The decision of ScubaBoard.com administrators, in regards to interpretations of these rules and regulations or other aspects of any ScubaBoard.com competition, is final.

Cooooooooolll...

If anyone needs any help with photo sizing, I am more than happy to lend a paw.. :)

I can't wait to see the submissions, I've seen what is in the photo gallery and can only imagine what will be submitted!!

I have a few on the way, hope the format is what you want.

I made a change to the size requirements. A full 1024 X 768 photo will prevent you from have to submit a full size file later on.

Also, please add a small signature to the bottom of your photo...we want to know who took them!

There seems to be a problem with the system we had set up. So if you wouldn't mind, go ahead and re-size it and resend your entry to scubaboardphotos@aol.com

Dee:
There seems to be a problem with the system we had set up. So if you wouldn't mind, go ahead and re-size it and resend your entry to scubaboardphotos@aol.com

Dee

I've submitted 5 of mine.....I presume that we won't be getting an email confirming that they've been received?

Paul

P.S. Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

Thanks....you should be getting an email soon. I'm just a little late getting online today!

I am pumped about this... my screen is in dire need of being saved! :D

Can the pics be tall - 768 x 1024?

How about more square but within the 1024 and 768?
I've got a crab that when cropped looks stretched out at 1024 x 768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom