OS Systems Drysuit Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone diving an OS Systems HDPRO drysuit?

I am interested in your opinions of this suit, and opinions on if this suit meets the DIR requirements.

Specifically the horizontal front zip?

Mike

WVMike:
Is anyone diving an OS Systems HDPRO drysuit?

I am interested in your opinions of this suit, and opinions on if this suit meets the DIR requirements.

Specifically the horizontal front zip?
I used an OS Systems suit with that type of entry for my DIR-f class, and nothing at all was said about it. As long as the suit fits properly, it should be OK. I just recently replaced my OS Systems suit, it served me quite well!

Jimmie

I have one of these I bought about a month ago and have used 5 times so far. I am fairly satisfied with it. The strapping down of the front flap takes a little getting used to but it is comfortable to dive in. Couldn't touch the price anywhere else.

It is a used suit.

Thanks for the replys. Pricing of this suit is a big plus. This is also the suit that the closest Dive Shop to me sells and I like to try and support them.

Hey Kalvyn, I am a fan of Ben Franklin as well. I wanted to name my second son after him, but the wife would not go for it.

Mike

My LDS sells these suits and I know a lot of people that have them. I have not heard any major complaints. I just ordered suits for me and my wife a few weeks ago. I'm hoping the suits will be in before mid-December so we can continue the dive season. The PA quarries/weather get a little cold for a 7mil wetsuit starting in December. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jeff

WVMike:
Thanks for the replys. Pricing of this suit is a big plus. This is also the suit that the closest Dive Shop to me sells and I like to try and support them.

Hey Kalvyn, I am a fan of Ben Franklin as well. I wanted to name my second son after him, but the wife would not go for it.
I liked that the suit came as a complete kit, with undergarments and a nice carrying bag. Just make sure that it truly fits you. That was the problem with mine; I bought it before I knew anything about how a drysuit is supposed to fit, and it was just a tad too small. I just replaced it recently with an Andy's (tax return money) so my OS Systems is now my backup suit. I still use the OS Systems drygloves on my Andy's, they work great.

With regards to the Franklin quote, I was trying to decide between the one I used and the Asimov quote Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Had to go with the Franklin!

Jimmie

I have never used the OS Systems suit- however, I have observed several students who used them. The major issue I have seen with these suits is the rollover strapping system. In every person I have seen use this style of suit the rollover system impeded shoulder mobility and made valve drills particularly difficult.

Just something you might want to keep in mind.

Thanks for the input,

At first look that seemed a nice feature in that the suit is easy to self don. The more I looked at it I wondered about all the extra material and ease of movement.

My current suit is a back shoulder zip and that really impedes movement. I do not want to make the same mistake twice. My flexibility isn't all that great to begin with.

Mike

chickdiver:
I have never used the OS Systems suit- however, I have observed several students who used them. The major issue I have seen with these suits is the rollover strapping system. In every person I have seen use this style of suit the rollover system impeded shoulder mobility and made valve drills particularly difficult.

Just something you might want to keep in mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom