consider removing the "D" from forum title

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
just a thought.

probably not a bad idea as we don't have a lot of people who have just SLR or dSLR, I think.

Dslr, Slr???

fmw625:
Dslr, Slr???
Digital Single Lens Reflex....

Doesn't SLR cover all DSLR cameras?
Or what about Housed SLR Cameras?

Is there a non-housed DSLR?

Sorry. I think that the forum should be just called the SLR Depot. SLR systems are very different from the fixed lens consumer cameras ( digital or film ). being able to actually look through the lens via the viewfinder and use different lenses are the major differences.

On the other hand, the difference between a Digital ( DSLR ) and a Film SLR is not as profound. this difference is actually limited to how the image is recorded. in fact several DSLRs like the D100 and Fuji S2 actually use a standard film based camera body (Nikon F 80 ) which has had the film transport system replaced by the digital capture electronics and recording system . the mechanical features and most of the metering systems of the camera have not been modified.

as for myself, I feel shooting with a DSLR is no different than using my film systems except that with the digital camera I can review the shots instantly, change ASA values ( film speed ) and shoot a lot more frames.

so a SLR is an SLR. no reason to separate digi from film.

not a big issue, just may keep some film SLR users from checking the threads

Chris Bangs:
as for myself, I feel shooting with a DSLR is no different than using my film systems except

that your film camera is still dry :eyebrow:

Seriously, my condolences on the death of a friend. I hope its replaced and you're out doing digital again soon!

alcina:
that your film camera is still dry :eyebrow:

Seriously, my condolences on the death of a friend. I hope its replaced and you're out doing digital again soon!

got to admit, that had me laughing! shame on you anyway! Aussi Humor!

Anyway,The new one is waiting in Tokyo as I write. I will pick it up on the 24th, then off to Cal on the 25th.

I AM taking my F5 system and more outdated film. just in case :wink:

alcina:
Sorry, that was a bit naughty...glad you saw the humour :crafty:

FWIW - I am American :D

Sounds like you are going to be very busy on your trip - have some fun, too!

thanks, still laughing about that speedy and witty post!

my place is littered with camera and dive equipment as well as two empty suitcases!

hate this part of traveling!

Back
Top Bottom