Good shore diving this weekend miami beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

britunderwater

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the forum after reading some great posts :wink:
I am doing a little teaching here for my brother and want some interesting beach dives for the weekend. I had thought of the bottom of ocean drive by the breakwater but looks a little boring. Seems hollywood has a better deal. Anyone got some links of suggestions? We will be up for a beer afterwards if there are a few divers going out early saturday.
Good Air, Great Dives
Cheers Peter

Peter,
You'll probably hear "Lauderdale by the Sea" a lot. That's probably one of the best beach dives around.

Al

Peter, check out three sources: Insider Info thread at the top of the FCD forum where you posted. Ned Deloach's Underwater Florida - available from any LDS in the area and another A4/letter sized book on shore diving from WPB to Hollywood, that details some nice spots including Hollywood, Dania, LBTS, Pompano etc. Between those and reading posts regarding beach diving recently you should get some good info and where, when and what to expect :wink:

Hi Peter - I am just a bit further north than you in Palm Beach County, I would fancy a shore dive at some time, I am working all weekend but not all day every day perhaps we could hook up then. Have you thought about any of the wreck dives off Fort Lauderdale?

Scuba Dad can you give more some more information on the shore dives. Like where the best place to park and enter the dive site. It sound interesting for my upcomming January trip to FLA. Thanks

You can find the local dive spots here :http://www.scubaboard.com/t60333-insider_information_-_local_diving.html
I only dived one time in Miami years ago. I learned why you go north to Broward to shore dive!
Hollywood Beach is nice, as is Lauderdale By the Sea.
Good luck and have fun, some of us are heading over to Venice Beach to dive.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom