oceanic vs. aeris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVYman

Reaction score
hey everyone

i am going to buy my first computer and i have narrowed it down to 2 different ones. the aeris atmos 2 and the oceanic veo 200. the oceanic is cheaper so im kind of leaning toward that. can anyone give me some info on these computers. i would like one that is very easy to use, both pretty much have the same features. which one would you guys choose and why? thanks so much!

they are identical. both are made by pelagic. they have the exact same algorithims to calculate bottom time. pick the one you like as far as aethetics etc. I have the Aeris AI which is just the Atmos 2 but air integrated. I love it. It is easy to read and navigate.

Navyguy,

The Veo 200 has two buttons up front, designed to fit in a "normal" (non-computer) type console. The Aeris 2 has one button up front and the other on the right had side, more like the design for the Versa Pro, so it would need a console that was preconfigured for that button configuration.

I haven't been able to find where/how/how much to get just the console to slip the Aeris Atmos 2 wrist version into.

stsomewhere:
I haven't been able to find where/how/how much to get just the console to slip the Aeris Atmos 2 wrist version into.

Ask any dealer... we do it all the time. You can get the 2 gauge, or with the compass, and with or without a knife on the back and Quick disconnect hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom