How would I get a lobster license?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DB83

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to diving. Actually, I'm pretty new the ocean altogether. How would I go about getting myself a lobster hunting license? And roughly how much would it cost?

In the state of California, you just need to go a sporting goods shop and purchase a DFG fishing license. You need also need to purchase a lobster guage.

-7 lobsters limit per day,
-minimum size: carapace must be OVER 3.25 inches,
-lobsters must be measured underwater,
-must catch lobsters using hands only,
-the fishing license must be in your car on a beach dive, and it must be on the boat for boat dives,

*the DFG guys will not cut you any slack regarding these rules.

ifukuda:
In the state of California, you just need to go a sporting goods shop and purchase a DFG fishing license. You need also need to purchase a lobster guage.

-7 lobsters limit per day,
-minimum size: carapace must be OVER 3.25 inches,
-lobsters must be measured underwater,
-must catch lobsters using hands only,
-the fishing license must be in your car on a beach dive, and it must be on the boat for boat dives,

*the DFG guys will not cut you any slack regarding these rules.

How much will this cost me?

Annual DFG Sport Fishing License:
$32.80 for CA residents, $88.20 for non-residents.

You could have just as easily looked this information up on the DFG website :wink:

DB83:
I'm new to diving. Actually, I'm pretty new the ocean altogether. How would I go about getting myself a lobster hunting license? And roughly how much would it cost?

Soooo did you get your license and if so did you get your first lobster?

Just curious

Quick note. The licenses are annual January to December, regardless of when you buy them. This late in the year, you should wait until January to buy your license. Otherwise, you'll be spending $35 for 3 weeks of legal hunting. Of course, if you've already bought it, my point is moot. :)

Perfect timing, I am going aboard the Truth Jan 28th. I was under the impression that a non-resident could buy a one or two day licence? I tried like hell to find the price on the DFG website, no luck. Any idea on the cost of such a licence.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom