New in Town (Jupiter area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whirlybird

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a British helicopter pilot and dive fanatic, I have just moved to the Jupiter area for the next four weeks and would love to fit some diving into my schedule.
Any ideas or any trips especially over Thanksgiving?
Thank you

Geoff

Geoff,

welcome to the area. Titusville or Jupiter? Slightly different places and could make a difference in time to get places, but here are my observations of upcoming events. In the next four weeks there are a few dives coming up (check out the threads in the trips & happenings and regular FCD forums):
Post-turkey day - Boynton beach (11/26)
Tenneco Towers - off Ft Lauderdale (11/26)
Turkey Fry & dive - Venice (11/27)
Manatee snorkel and diving - Crystal River (12/10-11)
Misc shore diving trips, not to mention the few operations out of Jupiter down to Ft Lauderdale you can hop on most of the time. Sure there will be other threads coming up. Have fun while you are over here :wink:

Whirlybird:
Hi,
I am a British helicopter pilot and dive fanatic, I have just moved to the Jupiter area for the next four weeks and would love to fit some diving into my schedule.
Any ideas or any trips especially over Thanksgiving?
Thank you

Geoff

If you are looking for a buddy for some Florida diving this Thanksgiving weekend (Fri-Sun) , I am available!!!!
I love fresh-water springs AND salt-water reefs/wrecks...

If you want , reply to me and maybe we can get in contact for some diving!!!!

Thank you very much
Jean N.
Jacksonville , Florida

Hi
I moved to Jupiter from Titusville last week end but havn't updated my profile yet.
Would love to dive the 'hole in the wall' does anyone have any comments on this?
Geoff

Hole in The Wall is a good dive....considered highly advanced by most.....hole starts at about 100 and drops to about 140ft. If your not well versed at drift diving and get a bad drop you can blow right past it. If a guide is available take advantage of it because it can be hard to find on your own. Not many Dive Charters take people to it because of its advanced nature. Usually done during the week.

Brian

Thanks for that Zen, if we did dive it the party will be at least 2 PADI instructors and 2 AOW's with possibly another Instructor coming along from Titusville. We would definately need a guide / operator are you able to recommend one? Is it worth the dive - particularly want to see Sharks / Goliath Grouper.

Never done hole in the wall. On my list of dives to do, along with the lemon sharks.
Also there is beach diving as long as the weather (read: wind) is good. Lauderdale by the Sea and Pompano are good beach dives. Plus it was already mentioned, Venice Beach on the west coast this Saturday, and Crystal River Dec. 11.

The hole in the wall is a pretty amazing dive, there's even a plaque down there by one of my favorite (not anymore since the hurricanes) boat Captains. It's the one and only time I've been narced, so be careful! Sounds like you have a pretty good group to go out with, but still be careful there are some, ok ...one, dive shops/charters in the Jupiter area (I'll be kind enough to leave them nameless) that are very reckless.

I'm hoping to get wet over the holiday weekend myself, but it will probably be over on the West coast with the crazier of the Conch divers (hehehehehe, just kidding..... but it really is a mighty fine hat :eyebrow: )

Whirlybird:
Thanks for that Zen, if we did dive it the party will be at least 2 PADI instructors and 2 AOW's with possibly another Instructor coming along from Titusville. We would definately need a guide / operator are you able to recommend one? Is it worth the dive - particularly want to see Sharks / Goliath Grouper.

Sharks are rare and you might see a Goliath in the hole but its a great dive, more for the structure than anything else but it is stacked with fish. For most though its a short dive...=). I think there is a time when the Lemon Sharks come in and spawn but I cant remember the time of year. I cant remember who we used to charter it. Jupiter Dive Center or Jupiter Dive Charters. I do know one is better than the other by a long shot as recommended by others but I cant remember which one. Let me know when you plan it, Im in Orlando and would love to dive it again.

Brian

ZenDiver:
Sharks are rare and you might see a Goliath in the hole but its a great dive, more for the structure than anything else but it is stacked with fish. For most though its a short dive...=). I think there is a time when the Lemon Sharks come in and spawn but I cant remember the time of year. I cant remember who we used to charter it. Jupiter Dive Center or Jupiter Dive Charters. I do know one is better than the other by a long shot as recommended by others but I cant remember which one. Let me know when you plan it, Im in Orlando and would love to dive it again.

Brian
Charters is a nicer operation than center, from what i hear, i have only dove with charters after that recommendation. Lemon shark time is supposed to be around now through the end of the year - or at least they are supposed to be around, i did my first boat dives last december to try to see them, but i think the group size might have spooked them!

One day i might feel up to the hole in the wall, but i would prefer to get a little more experience first before attempting something that deep :wink:

Brian, you should get in on our meet and greet (whenever it comes up) seeing as you are in town.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom