Turkey Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone want to do a dive Thanksgiving Day morning at Blue Spring in Orange City. Meet early, dive, and be free for Turkey Dinner at home, football, etc.? If so, PM me. I'm thinking of diving at about 9:00AM and being done by 11:30 AM. One or two tanks depending on how soon anyone needs to be home. :wink:

Rodger,

my plans have just freed up, might be free for a little poke around in that hole in the morning. Have to make up some plans for the rest of the day, think i can swing something, just have to ask the parties, which means i dont know leaving time, might bring along another diver who knows??? Will be there at 9, or earlier if you want.

metaldector:
Does anyone want to do a dive Thanksgiving Day morning at Blue Spring in Orange City. Meet early, dive, and be free for Turkey Dinner at home, football, etc.? If so, PM me. I'm thinking of diving at about 9:00AM and being done by 11:30 AM. One or two tanks depending on how soon anyone needs to be home. :wink:

If I don't get lost , I might just pop down there and join you all...

Jean

Ah didnt see you posted here too, just in case Blue Springs SP should get you there.

Love to see both of you and anyone else. Let's meet at the gate at 9:00 AM. Bring two tanks in case we want to do a second dive. It probably will be raining but we're going to get wet anyway. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

Forecast calls for:
Thanksgiving Day: A chance of showers before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly sunny, with a high near 76. Southwest wind around 15 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Low the previous night might be in the 60's. Light in the hole might be marginal for part of the first dive. Jean - there is a no light rule, so unless i can get my cavern buddy there that morning (put in as two buddy groups, one cavern, one OW) chances are we only have daylight (and less so in the morning - really good under midday sun)to go illuminate us.

Hey folks, I've been lucky enough to land a place to stay in Siesta Key for the looong weekend and will be driving down from Baltimore on Thursday. I hear that's not the best part of Florida to be diving in, but I'll likely be doing the Sugar Barge Dive on Friday or Saturday. (http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=763067&postcount=12 ...great thead btw, thanks all!)

I will also likely be hitting Ginnie Springs on the way down on Thursday.(http://www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com/index.html) That dive is a little more up in the air as I'm not sure when I'll be getting there.

I'd love some company if anyone is doing either dive.

On a sidenote, how long of a haul is the Venice Beach area from Siesta Key? A little shark tooth hunting might be fun.

Funny you should ask, i was down near Siesta Key the other week when my family came over for a visit. Its about 30 min drive south on US-41 to Venice, follow the directions on that same thread you found the sugar barge on. There are a group of us diving there on saturday and having a turkey fry.

Only a half hour? Fantastic, if I'm not worn out by then, I'll be there for Saturday!

Update on Ginnie Spings - I'll likely be rolling into that area in the afternoon. (2-3pm) Please let me know if you're interested in a quick dive around that time. I don't have cave cert. so I'll just be enjoying the great vis.

Hey everybody, Myself and two others are planning on Blue Springs in the morning,
We are meeting at the gate at 8:30. Look for the ScubaBoard.com stickers on my tanks! See you all there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom