Buddies wanted over Thanksgiving weekend ANYWHERE in Florida...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I just moved down here from up Nort' for employment reasons and ended up in Jacksonville. I haven't been in the water for 2 weeks (An eternity for me) and I was looking for anybody diving over the Thanksgiving weekend (Fri-Sun) Anywhere in the Florida area...Fresh water springs are great as well as salty desitinations...

Just looking for somewhere to get into the water again....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Jean

P.S. I have dove Ginny and Devils Den as well as Largo and Key West...

Options thus far planned include:
Blue Spring, Orange City 11/25 AM - see Metaldetector's thread
Tenneco Towers, off Ft Lauderdale 11/26 - see FLLDiver's thread
Boynton Beach w/ Splashdown 11/26 - see NetDoc' thread (with wrong date shown 11/20)
Venice Beach turkey fry/dive 11/27 - see Down4funoften's thread
I think that is it, there are others thinking of doing some cavern and cave diving this weekend, i know i am in class thursday through friday, then off to Venice, sunday is free though - if i am not whooped from 3 days diving (probably 8 dives and 8 hours too).

How far are you looking to travel??

simbrooks:
Options thus far planned include:
Blue Spring, Orange City 11/25 AM - see Metaldetector's thread
Tenneco Towers, off Ft Lauderdale 11/26 - see FLLDiver's thread
Boynton Beach w/ Splashdown 11/26 - see NetDoc' thread (with wrong date shown 11/20)
Venice Beach turkey fry/dive 11/27 - see Down4funoften's thread
I think that is it, there are others thinking of doing some cavern and cave diving this weekend, i know i am in class thursday through friday, then off to Venice, sunday is free though - if i am not whooped from 3 days diving (probably 8 dives and 8 hours too).

How far are you looking to travel??

As far as I have to!!! I mean as long as I can get there by automobile I am willing !!!

Jean

My plans have changed, i might now be diving Blue Spring on thursday, Ginnie for training friday, with Venice on saturday - you are welcome to come to thursday or saturday, sunday i am still free, not sure what is going on quite yet though :wink:

simbrooks:
My plans have changed, i might now be diving Blue Spring on thursday, Ginnie for training friday, with Venice on saturday - you are welcome to come to thursday or saturday, sunday i am still free, not sure what is going on quite yet though :wink:

Cool...I think I might join you then at Blue Spring if I can find it !!!!

Jean

Blue Springs website, check out the thread as well by Metaldetector, think we are heading there around 9am, so i would guess about a 2.5 hour drive from Jax. See you there :wink:

Hi Guys,

Been looking for a buddy for this weekend on the Deep Dixie Diver forum without much luck. Had one offer, but hell of a drive. So, good job I looked at this forum as well. Any chance that we could hook up over the weekend?

Living up here in Georgia, close to Savannah, and looking to dive throughout the weekend if I can. I know I can reach Jacksonville in 2 hrs as I have used the airport before now so that means I would be approx 41/2 to 5 hrs from the sites you are discussing.

Probably a bit far for a single day of diving but if you guys are diving throughout the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I can make the trip and book into a B&B/Motel.

I will struggle to make Thursday as I have received a very kind invite to have Thanks Giving Dinner with a work colleague and his family which I think I should accept and need to give him an answer tomorrow anyway. However, I can get on the road late Thursday or really early Friday to meet up.

Simon your plans look set. Jean are you looking to dive everyday, or at least 2 of the 3 you sounded pretty keen in your opener?

I have not dived any of the inland sites or North Coast of Florida before so its all new to me ( have dived in the Keys once before but it was only a few dives and a lot of water under the fins since).

Anyway, let me know. Drop me a PM if you want to talk details. I will check the board again tomorrow morning.

Thanks and hope we can meet up.

Simon.

Pelagic:
Hi Guys,

Been looking for a buddy for this weekend on the Deep Dixie Diver forum without much luck. Had one offer, but hell of a drive. So, good job I looked at this forum as well. Any chance that we could hook up over the weekend?

Living up here in Georgia, close to Savannah, and looking to dive throughout the weekend if I can. I know I can reach Jacksonville in 2 hrs as I have used the airport before now so that means I would be approx 41/2 to 5 hrs from the sites you are discussing.

Probably a bit far for a single day of diving but if you guys are diving throughout the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I can make the trip and book into a B&B/Motel.

I will struggle to make Thursday as I have received a very kind invite to have Thanks Giving Dinner with a work colleague and his family which I think I should accept and need to give him an answer tomorrow anyway. However, I can get on the road late Thursday or really early Friday to meet up.

Simon your plans look set. Jean are you looking to dive everyday, or at least 2 of the 3 you sounded pretty keen in your opener?

I have not dived any of the inland sites or North Coast of Florida before so its all new to me ( have dived in the Keys once before but it was only a few dives and a lot of water under the fins since).

Anyway, let me know. Drop me a PM if you want to talk details. I will check the board again tomorrow morning.

Thanks and hope we can meet up.

Simon.

Hey , that sounds good!!! I think I am going to skeedaddle over to Blue Springs Thursday morning but the rest of the weekend is open for me (all 3 days)...You can certainly pop down here and we can go dive somewhere...
I will pop on later this morning and maybe we can hook up by phone etc...
I know Simbrooks and the gang are going down to the Turkey dive on Saturday. That might be fun to meet some new people off of the board here!!! And I can never say no to food and diving!!!

Thanks again....

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom