Dive watch question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asmith5

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to be buying each other dive watches for christmas. She just wants a basic one so she knows how long she is down . I would like a basic dive watch with an included depth gauge. Do they make one that just shows your depth without making you spend several $$$ for a full dive computer, or are there any reasonably priced watches on the market that just show the depth gauge?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andrew

Citizen makes some nice dive watches with depth gauges.

Have been diving with a Sekio watch for 30 years .... 0wn a Rolex Submariner but it cost so much I'm afraid to dive with it .... it might get lost or something.... wear it to parties and dive club meetings . A good watch to look at is a Invicta .... what ever you pick make sure it's good to 200 meters ... don't pay for extra dials or depth gauge function .. they're just something extra to break or go wrong ... the more buttons and stems on the watch the more places it could leak.

asmith5:
My wife and I are going to be buying each other dive watches for christmas. She just wants a basic one so she knows how long she is down . I would like a basic dive watch with an included depth gauge. Do they make one that just shows your depth without making you spend several $$$ for a full dive computer, or are there any reasonably priced watches on the market that just show the depth gauge?

Andrew

Take a look at Citizen (Aqualand collection) and Casio .

R..

Asmith5,
The St. Moritz dive watches are quite nice for a simple dive watch. They are made in both men's and ladies styles and can be purchased generally in the $75 to $80 price range. My wife opted for the men's style because it's larger and is more easily read in low-viz, low-light situations. Plus they are available with differently colored bands.
The Citizen line does offer some moderately priced dive watches that display just the time and depth without all the other bells and whistles.

asmith5:

Andrew
suunto makes a freediving (D3) watch that's cheaper than a mosquito especially if all you're after is a bottom timer

but i'd have to agree with shaka and shell out the bit more for a mosquito... i definitely would

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom