stupid oven!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My oven keeps getting worse and worse (can't hold a temperature)- it's worse today than ever, and I don't think my Tday pies are going to turn out right *growl*

I know this probably belongs in Scuba chef, but what really ticks me off is hubby dearest won't let me call a repairman. "We'll just wait till it dies, sweetie, then you can have the new double oven you want."

What about all the burned, undercooked (yes, it's simultaneously possible) inedible, sorry excuse for food it turns out in the meantime? I have to take these pies to my sister's house tomorrow, and there will be food critic and a professional chef there!

cowprintrabbit:
My oven keeps getting worse and worse (can't hold a temperature)- it's worse today than ever, and I don't think my Tday pies are going to turn out right *growl*

I know this probably belongs in Scuba chef, but what really ticks me off is hubby dearest won't let me call a repairman. "We'll just wait till it dies, sweetie, then you can have the new double oven you want."

What about all the burned, undercooked (yes, it's simultaneously possible) inedible, sorry excuse for food it turns out in the meantime? I have to take these pies to my sister's house tomorrow, and there will be food critic and a professional chef there!

I can't help you with your Thanksgiving pies (saw this too late), but first of all what I would have done is buy some gourmet pies from the local bakery, since I can't cook at home. What choice would I have?

Next, don't waste food and time! EAT OUT and bring home. If this isn't feasible, microwave frozen dinners should be the main fare. Be brutal, be ruthless, you can do it. Don't like that type food? You won't have to do it long, it's yuck food with a purpose. After a week or two of eating out and frozen dinners, you will get your repairman, or maybe even your new double oven. I guarantee it.

Foo

Cowprint, gas or electric?
Unplug the electric, or turn off the gas. DH will try to trouble shoot it. You will get to call the repairman, and then you tell him what is wrong and that is it UNREPAIRABLE.
Deceitful, yes.
But beats the hell out of a divorce where HE gets custody of the oven. :D

I have had that trouble, and found that an oven thermometer helped a lot. In fact, I have one anyway, cause every oven runs a different temperature.

You baked stuff when going to dinner that a professional chef would be at?? Seems like the equivalent of the students picking out a wetsuit for the instructor during checkout dives.

SueMermaid:
I have had that trouble, and found that an oven thermometer helped a lot. In fact, I have one anyway, cause every oven runs a different temperature.

In THIS house, the oven is almost 50 degrees off.... un-freekin-real. In the last house, it was about 25. There should be a way to calibrate these things, you know?

I'm gonna start another whine cheeze to follow up my empowering automation W&C. Its amazing that I can buy a $300 digital camera, and I can program about 30 menu items to yield the camera that perfectly fits MY shooting - but an oven that costs at least 2 to 3 times that is dead wrong and I'm stuck with it - and a car that costs 100 times as much still won't let ME decide when to lock and unlock ALL the friggen doors. There is NEVER a time when I say unlock, I mean just the drivers door. Unlock them all, dammit.

Memo to manufacturers - we can handle making these small decisions for ourselves. Open the control box - we'll take good care of your stuff.

OK - I'm done. Bad car weekend. I'm better now.

Oven thermometers rule.

K

Mo2vation:
In THIS house, the oven is almost 50 degrees off.... un-freekin-real. In the last house, it was about 25. There should be a way to calibrate these things, you know?

I'm gonna start another whine cheeze to follow up my empowering automation W&C. Its amazing that I can buy a $300 digital camera, and I can program about 30 menu items to yield the camera that perfectly fits MY shooting - but an oven that costs at least 2 to 3 times that is dead wrong and I'm stuck with it - and a car that costs 100 times as much still won't let ME decide when to lock and unlock ALL the friggen doors. There is NEVER a time when I say unlock, I mean just the drivers door. Unlock them all, dammit.

Memo to manufacturers - we can handle making these small decisions for ourselves. Open the control box - we'll take good care of your stuff.

OK - I'm done. Bad car weekend. I'm better now.

Oven thermometers rule.

K
Ken, you are my favorite whiner. I nearly pee my pants when you start pissin' and moanin'. I'd love to be your neighbor.........try to peeve you off at least ONCE a week!!!

cowprintrabbit:

...sounds like it's broken NOW. Burn everything stinking up the house. Tell him that is his dinner setting off the smoke alarms.

Randy43068:
...sounds like it's broken NOW. Burn everything stinking up the house. Tell him that is his dinner setting off the smoke alarms.
Make him eat it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom