LbtS Pool is open Thanksgiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
I just returned from a 6AM beach walk, considering all that I have to be Thankful for! My ScubaBoard friends are counted among my many blessings!

Also to be thankful for is this West wind that should make this holiday shore diving pleasant. Although I won't be able to verify (cold-flu), the water looks reasonably clear and the 2' max surf should settle down until the winds shift to the NE in a day or two.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

sounds good. I hope somebody takes advantage of it!

On late Saturday AM, after an afternoon/evening of wind, there are now breakers & rollers - enough to surprise a new diver and take a mask but no worry for intermediate beach divers.

Past the surf the water is a crystal aqua-green, so visibility should still be good for anybody coming out for a Saturday dive. I see no clouds in the water (we're 11th floor).

A few white-caps spread out here and there, and we can tell that the dive boats are being bounced around a little (we've seen just about every local operator from our windows over the last three days!).

So, conditions are not exceptional, but the die-hard should be rewarded with a nice time between entering & exiting.

HOWEVER, the wind has swung completely to the southeast, which means that things should calm down through Saturday afternoon... there is a possibility - no, a strong probability - that Sunday will be an excellent shore-dive day.

Today, Sunday, was the day. I hope everybody made it out. We took a day off from unpacking. I snorkeled out on my "new" reef at 8*AM in Calm, warm water. the initial 2 reefs are disappointing but at the 3rd reef (at the mooring bouys ) I stumbled on the SS Copenhagen! Wow-a wreck off the beach! there are no swim-thru's but it makes for interesting snorkeling. I can't wait to take the diveyak out with tanks. All the local dive ops tie up here for the 2nd tank.

As far as life goes, this 'Aint Hibiscus. I did see all the usual fish but far fewer and fewer-between. One of interest was an "albino" Turk fish with just a little blue and yellow.

How'd your day of diving go?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom