Loberster Poaching in Canada What's the Penalty??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone on the board know what the exact penalty is for hunting/poaching is in Canada?

So far this is what I have heard: Loose all your scuba gear, your vehicle, motor vehical license and a hefty fine.. but I thought there was more...
Anyone know where I could find out???

hmmm why do you want to know, just pretend they shoot you and throw you in the ocean so the rest of the lobsters can eat ya. Not that you or any of us would poach

Last year two guys got caught with scallops out of season and lobster. Each of them got a $1000 fine for the scallops, $1000 fine for the lobster, surender all their gear to the crown, surrender their boat. I think they were able to keep their car which was parked on shore.
Jason

I just wasn't sure. I am renewing my scallops license this month, and I also heard a lot of talk about lobster poaching and was wondering how stiff the penalty really is... So what I gather from here is your pretty well screwed if your caught.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom