11/25 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Imperial Nudibranchs
I consider these to be both a lucky and rare find. They all but disappeared from Hawaiian waters in the 1980's and started to return in the mid 1990's. These are the only two I have seen here.
1.jpg

Yellowmargin Moray & Juvenile Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse
2.jpg

Spiny Porcupinefish
3.jpg

Oh, my those a beautiful colors...but, again all your pictures are great. thanks

mjh:
I am always amazed at how clear the water seems and how rich your colors are. Are you doing much editing and if so what are you doing?
03.gif

The water is very clear most of the time. That is no illusion or editing fix.
I edit every photo in Photoshop 7.0. I crop the vast majority of them to zoom in on the subject. I then use "Auto Levels" and the "Unsharp Mask". On some I adjust the brightness. That's about it.

The only nudis I ever see, beside da Beast, is garden slugs around my fish pond....do they count? :eyebrow:

very very cool pictures
makes me sad, as mine come out crap in comparison

Dee:
The only nudis I ever see, beside da Beast, is garden slugs around my fish pond....do they count? :eyebrow:

hmmmm.....hmmmmmm.....let me think.........NO!.....lol...(although if Beast got all dressed up in purdy colors....maybe :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom