So where did you spend your thanksgiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well its been pretty quiet on the board today, particularly with the Conchs, so i am guessing you all went to various places, ate lots and relaxed a while (except those involved in the cooking etc). So what stories from the day, did everything go to plan, did Uncle Jack get drunk, curse at the game on TV and everyone was thankful that he passed out at 3? Did the dog jump on the table and start helping itself to some early leftovers?

My day, started fairly early, up at Blue Spring at 9, dove for an hour into some crystal clear 72F water with some other SB buddies, then proceeded to head off to Islands of Adventure to ride coasters all afternoon before watching the Incredibles cartoon/movie (very funny). Tonight is going to be spent doing laundry, swapping hoses on my regs and handwheels on my doubles for tomorrow's cave diving, DIY sewing a shear sheath together and possibly jumping on here every once in a while. I had an enjoyable enough day without turkey and family, how about ya'll?? :wink:

Spent Thanksgiving at home in Cocoa Beach with immediate family and friends! No traveling I-4 & fighting traffic to visit to visit relatives...No diving, but the beach was so pleasent today...capped off with anear full moon over the ocean....Sat and Sun we have the Cocoa Beach Art show going on...My favorite town event

My family does the "feed the needy" thing every year so we'll be celebrating tomorrow. Darrel's in the kitchen cutting up peppers to stuff and I just got finished hookin' up the ham with some yummy cloves and pineapple. We should have some pretty interesting stories tomorrow, 24 people in one house, eeeek! someone's bound to do something crazy.

Happy Turkey day ya'll!!!

Hermit Crab, the dog and I went over to a friends house. It was quiet, and the food was good. Tradition is we watch the Muppets Christmas Carol, and just hang out. Nice. Quiet. Relaxing. No dirty dishes.

At home with the family and many of our single friends who are without immediate family around. A slow cooked roast in the crock pot, Colins infamous black beans and rice, and variety of pot luck dishes brought by everyone. The Detroit parade was on until the network mysteriously lost the broadcast rights at one hour and we had to switch back to the horribly distasteful broadway based parade of Maceys. The dog show was immediately switched to anything but that! Fortunately FOOTBALL came on, but the Colts beat the tar out of my wifes beloved Lions. The Cowboys vs. Bears game was absolutely apalling yet entertaining. On ABC Charley Browns t-giving special came one and now the boy is finishing watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas before we find his way to the rack for the night. Oh, and Kris had to work, so the one armed gimp I am, I cleaned the whole downstairs of the condo and packed away all the left overs :D

CBulla:
Colins infamous black beans

Yummmmmmy , and to think....this is the first we're hearing about this! hrmmmm, holding out on us?

maybe there will be leftovers for the turkey fry on saturday.

Beans + men wearing Speedos...... should be interesting :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom