For Sale: IKELITE housing Package for Sony TRV900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquapuncture

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
FOR SALE:

IKELITE HOUSING and LIGHT PACKAGE for SONY TRV900

My camera was stolen from me in Sept. and have given up hope in getting a new one. Now, I'm left with a this beautiful housing package which, unfortunately, is an expensive paper weight without the camera. The package includes everything you need: Sony TRV900 Video Housing, (Camera not included), one light, light arm, wires, battery pack, charger, filter, lens cover and all necessary o rings. Everything has been meticulously, if not obsessively, cleaned after each dive. It also includes the foam packing for a pelican case (model # 1610). I found the pelican case to be a very useful piece of luggage, so I'd like to keep it, but the foam that comes with it is already cut for that particular model of case. Everything is in EXCELLENT shape with only minor scratches on the battery pack. I've always treated the battery pack with care to optimize its performance through out its use. If you've been pricing around you know that just the housing, without the lights and battery, retails for $1,300. The PRO VIDEO light package retails for $600. I'm selling the whole housing and light package for $900 (I'll pay the shipping in the US). The TRV 900 is the work horse of the 3 chip camcorders. Like Ikelite housings, it's compact, sturdy and extremely reliable. This equiptment has opened up so many doors for me. I'd like it to go to a good home !

Contact me ASAP if you're interested and for pics. Aquapuncture@hotmail.com

I think the housing for the trv900 is the same basic housing as for the trv950. and it is
easy to find a Sony trv950. I'm sure a 950 would fit in the box but the controls would not line up. Ikelite can fit that for you. Have them re-fit the case for a 950.

IF you really do want to sell this package you might concider splitting up the lights and the housing. The lights still have some value (maybe 2/3 of the new price?) but a housing for and old, no longer made camera has little remainging value ... unless it can be modified.

Another use for a trv900 housing, if it can't be modified is to put a new mini sized camera in it (like the PC109) and you just turn it on and close the door letting it record the entire dive. You edit out most of it later. Simple no-control housing sell for under $300 new.

aquapuncture:
FOR SALE:

IKELITE HOUSING and LIGHT PACKAGE for SONY TRV900

My camera was stolen from me in Sept. and have given up hope in getting a new one. Now, I'm left with a this beautiful housing package which, unfortunately, is an expensive paper weight without the camera. The package includes everything you need: Sony TRV900 Digital (3-chip) Video Housing, (Camera not included), one light, light arm, wires, battery pack, charger, filter, lens cover and all necessary o rings. Everything has been meticulously, if not obsessively, cleaned after each dive. It also includes the foam packing for a pelican case (model # 1610). I found the pelican case to be a very useful piece of luggage, so I'd like to keep it, but the foam that comes with it is already cut for that particular model of case. Everything is in GREAT shape with only minor scratches on the battery pack. If you've been pricing around you know that just the housing, without the lights and battery, retails for $1,300. The PRO VIDEO light package retails for $600. I'm selling the whole housing and light package for $900 (+shipping). This equiptment has opened up so many doors for me. I'd like it to go to a good home !

Contact me ASAP if you're interested and for pics. Aquapuncture@hotmail.com
(305) 923-4427

Chris,
Thanks for the input. I think that it would be a costly mistake to have the housing refitted unless I had a 950 to use with it or I was absolutely sure that someone wanted it for use with the 950.
As far as selling the housing as a static air tight chamber for a fraction of its value to loosely fit a camera that it wasn't designed for......that would be like selling my car for a $100 to someone who just wants to buy a skateboard. It wouldn't be a very prudent decision either way. The TRV 900 is still in use and is still considered an excellent camera. I know of several videographers that still use and swear buy it. It's durable, reliable and extremely user friendly. I wish I still had mine ! Using this equipment and the TRV 900, I've worked side by side with videographers that were using more expensive cameras coupled with more expensive, electronic housings. I can tell you that the results were amazing. Not even the trained eye could distinguish the footage from each other. So, I disagree that it's outdated.
"....a housing for and old, no longer made camera has little remainging value". Please refer to this link:
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/sony_trv900.html
Why does Ikelite still manufacture and sell it ? I don’t know about you, but I would definitely consider 1,300 bucks as more than a little value. (Amphibico and numerous other companies still make a housing for it too).
I would like to sell the equipment as a package, but if there were a big interest to split it up, I may be persuaded to do so. Again, I appreciate the input.

ChrisA:
I think the housing for the trv900 is the same basic housing as for the trv950. and it is
easy to find a Sony trv950. I'm sure a 950 would fit in the box but the controls would not line up. Ikelite can fit that for you. Have them re-fit the case for a 950.

IF you really do want to sell this package you might concider splitting up the lights and the housing. The lights still have some value (maybe 2/3 of the new price?) but a housing for and old, no longer made camera has little remainging value ... unless it can be modified.

Another use for a trv900 housing, if it can't be modified is to put a new mini sized camera in it (like the PC109) and you just turn it on and close the door letting it record the entire dive. You edit out most of it later. Simple no-control housing sell for under $300 new.

I didn't mean it that way. I ment why don't you KEEP the housing. Sounds like you'd prefer to keep it except that you can't find a trv900 to put in it. If you were willing to spend the bucks to replace the trv900 why not spend just a few more and get a trv950. I agree the quality is very good. It is easy to find trv950s

As for "why do they still sell housings for the trv900?" The molded platic boxes are used for several cameras and the controls are stanadardized over thier entire line of video and still housings. The only difference between a 900 and 950 housing is the location of some holes. That's why I think conversion would not be all that expensive.

My other comment was that maybe you have a PC105 or something. Put that it is and atr least you are back in busseniss

aquapuncture:
Chris,
Thanks for the input. I think that it would be a costly mistake to have the housing refitted unless I had a 950 to use with it or I was absolutely sure that someone wanted it for use with the 950.
As far as selling the housing as a static air tight chamber for a fraction of its value to loosely fit a camera that it wasn't designed for......that would be like selling my car for a $100 to someone who just wants to buy a skateboard. It wouldn't be a very prudent decision either way. The TRV 900 is still in use and is still considered an excellent camera. I know of several videographers that still use and swear buy it. It's durable, reliable and extremely user friendly. I wish I still had mine ! Using this equipment and the TRV 900, I've worked side by side with videographers that were using more expensive cameras coupled with more expensive, electronic housings. I can tell you that the results were amazing. Not even the trained eye could distinguish the footage from each other. So, I disagree that it's outdated.
"....a housing for and old, no longer made camera has little remainging value". Please refer to this link:
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/sony_trv900.html
Why does Ikelite still manufacture and sell it ? I don’t know about you, but I would definitely consider 1,300 bucks as more than a little value. (Amphibico and numerous other companies still make a housing for it too).
I would like to sell the equipment as a package, but if there were a big interest to split it up, I may be persuaded to do so. Again, I appreciate the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom