Saipan Dives...amazing with lessons learned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ultradeep

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, November 27th I was taking out a group of divers from MDA on Guam to Naftan, Dimple and Shipwreck, the weather was getting quite nasty, with rain storms and very little ambient light. Naftan was of course amazing, with no current and tons of fish. Dimple on the other hand, had about a 3-4 knot current, had to abort the dive. So we decided to head over to ice-cream with the hopes of seeing some rays, well, there were no rays. I was coming around the backside of ice cream when I noticed something quite amazing, two spotted morays were intertwined! They were side by side, moving in and out of their holes, and again becoming intertwined. I signaled one of the MDA divers who had a nice digital camera to come over and take a shot of this rare and amazing sight, well, the batteries had just died at that instant in time! Not the divers fault , this can happen to anyone. It was almost as if the eels only allowed our group to see this. Anyway, check those batteries!

Brady
Stingray Divers, Saipan
670 233 6100

Here it's quite common to get 2 Morays together.

miketsp:
Here it's quite common to get 2 Morays together.

I dive in the CNMI often (though not as much as I would like, and certainly not as much as Brady does), and my observations are that, around here, the eels are quite solitary.

Of course you get whole patches of garden eels, but even then they're not sharing a hole in the sand.

Wish I was on the dive this weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom