Wilmington NC Trip report 11-21-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quetzal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sharkbait and I dove out of Wilmington on Sunday with Aquatic Safaris. Seas were about 2ft and the day started out overcast but lifted by the first dive. We hit the water with bottom temp about 67 degrees in 100ft of water. Dropped on the 23-mile ledge, I shot an amberjack - feisty creature and a small Gag and a sheepshead. Sharkbait got a nice grouper that produced two magnificent fillets weighing in at 7 pounds apiece. We motored over to the wreck of the John D. Gill and dove it. Nice wreck with a lot of fish on it. I shot another medley of fish including 1 15-20# grouper 5 total and Sharkbait shot another grouper. Because of the structure, you could do multiple dives on this 500-ft wreck and not see it all. Many swim through holding schools of fish, quite an awesome sight. We headed home after cleaning fish, what a nice trip.
PS this is really Sharkbaits report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom