Jet fins - sizing - again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubazach

Reaction score
I wear size 10 rockboot with all insulation. With XL jets - I was stuffed in and my foot did not go all the way into the pocket and hung off a great deal.

Will the XXLs be OK? I have read the threads but still a bit lost here. Suggestion? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers -Zach

scubazach:
I wear size 10 rockboot with all insulation. With XL jets - I was stuffed in and my foot did not go all the way into the pocket and hung off a great deal.

Will the XXLs be OK? I have read the threads but still a bit lost here. Suggestion? Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers -Zach

I have size 10 rock boots and wear XXL jets. There is ample room for the boot to easily slide in all the way. I use size large halcyon spring straps and the fins fit comfortably with no slippage. The XXL are noticably bigger than the XL jet fins, but once in the water preform just fine.

It looks like the foot pocket height on the XL might be the problem; M, L, and XL are all 2.75" then jumps to 4.25" with the XXL.
I wanted to order Jets, but haven't found anywhere to try them on over my Oceanic "Mountain Boots" the fins I do have are way too small.

Tom

I ordered a pair of XXL jets this weekend for my size 10 dry suit boots as my XL jets are slightly too small in the foot pocket.

I agree the turtles may be the perfect size, but I can get SP Jet Fins at cost with my employee/shop equipment tester discount, and if they don't fit I can E-bay them to get my money back.

I'll let you how how the XX-tra huge foot pocket works out.

DA Aquamaster:
I ordered a pair of XXL jets this weekend for my size 10 dry suit boots as my XL jets are slightly too small in the foot pocket.

I agree the turtles may be the perfect size, but I can get SP Jet Fins at cost with my employee/shop equipment tester discount, and if they don't fit I can E-bay them to get my money back.

I'll let you how how the XX-tra huge foot pocket works out.

Thanks - would love to know how they fit once you have on insulation/boot. It will be interesting!

Bob3:
Yahey, nicely done there too, Kidspot.
Now folks should send you what size rock boots, drysuit boots, etc they use.
I'm guessing but the Turtles may work better than XXL for a size 10. Those XXLs are downright cavernous.
Actually that's a good idea - if anyone wants to send me their boot size/brand and corresponding Fet/Turtle fin size I'd like to add that. Just PM me the info and I'll start adding it all in.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom