For Sale: Olympus pt-015 housing, brand new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I bought this housing a few months ago but now have decided to go with a different camera than the 5050. Housing is brand new, in the box, never been wet, never had a camera in it, if you see what I'm saying. This sucker is BRAND NEW and comes with the buoyancy control weight. If anyone is looking for this housing I can probably save you some money on it. Send me a PM and make me an offer. Thanks, Greg Thomas

I'm shopping for the PT-015 now, and have seen it as low as $135.00 I've got a bid on e-bay for 115.00 (will also have $10.00 S&H) at minimum which will end tomorrow night. If I don't win that, can you match/beat these prices? Thanks!

mauicat:
I'm shopping for the PT-015 now, and have seen it as low as $135.00 I've got a bid on e-bay for 115.00 (will also have $10.00 S&H) at minimum which will end tomorrow night. If I don't win that, can you match/beat these prices? Thanks!

I would be comfortable with the 125 dollar total including shipping I believe. Are you located in Hawaii? Let me know how the auction goes. Thanks for the inquiry, Greg

gt2003:
I would be comfortable with the 125 dollar total including shipping I believe. Are you located in Hawaii? Let me know how the auction goes. Thanks for the inquiry, Greg

The E-bay bidding surpassed me, so I'm still interested in your offer. Can you confirm you still have a blank warranty card (I suppose so if its not opened), and how (and how quickly) would you ship it? Registered/insured/UPS? How would we do the transaction? I mail you a check - you mail me the housing?? I need it before X-mas as I'm gonna use it skiing in Utah. I'm not a scuba diver, unfortunately, as the underwater world is fascinating, but I'm gonna use it snow skiing, and at the beach. I've fried one digital with salt water and learned my lesson. I've done some snorkeling in Aruba and may use it come spring for that purpose. I live North Carolina, so shipping within the continental U.S. should make it cheaper/quicker than to Hawaii - just had a cat named "Maui", so using the name takes me there! Thanks in advance for answering all my questions, MauiCat

Mauicat, I just checked the box and there is a blank warranty card inside. If you want, you can either send me a money order or pay me through paypal, whatever works easiest for you. I will get the housing in the mail immediately after I receive payment. My ebay name is gregandterry. Feel free to check my feedback, it should be reassuring. I've got a total of 40 feedbacks and they are all positive. Let me know what you prefer. I will send either first class mail or priority mail so it should be to you easily within a week. Thanks, Greg Thomas

Mauicat, I just went to paypal to check on how to send money if this is the route you would like to go. You will need my email address which is thomas5@crosstel.net
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks again, Greg

I have just sent $125.00 via PayPal - let me know if it didn't go through - looking forward to receiving the housing - thanks in advance for quick delivery!!!!

It went through. I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks, Greg

What a great process - thanks for suggesting PayPal - I didn't know you could use it like this! Looking forward to it. And, just curious if you care to share, what camera are you preferring?

mauicat:
What a great process - thanks for suggesting PayPal - I didn't know you could use it like this! Looking forward to it. And, just curious if you care to share, what camera are you preferring?

I just finished packing it up to ship and am shipping to Alison per your request. I will leave work early and drop it by the post office this afternoon.

I decided on the canon a75 with U/W housing for the fact that I don't take many pictures except when I dive and I can buy the camera and housing for less than I could buy the 5050 itself. For my needs I just couldn't justify spending the extra 200 bucks or so for the outfit. The main thing I was looking for in an u/w camera was one that could focus close up. That was the main problem with my old reefmaster. I had a lot of shots that I think would have been great but due to the minimum focusing length of something like 2 ft, it just didn't work for me, everything turned out blurry. Even with the close up lenses it didn't do the job. The a75 focuses all the way down to 5cm. I think this will meet my needs and is more reasonably priced. I have absolutely nothing against the 5050, I've never used one but have seen the incredible pictures they produce. It was strictly a financial decision.

Enjoy the housing. I expect it will be to you by this coming Monday, if we're lucky maybe by the end of this week. Thanks for the purchase. I'll get it in the mail today. Thanks again, Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom