12-11-04 Morrison Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Weather abiding, anyone want to head to Morrison Springs on Saturday(Dec 11th)? Water is always at 68º and if the rain stays away visibility should be great by then. Depths to about 25-30' at the basin, then 45' at a hole that drops down to a cavern opening. You can hit 90' at the bottom of the cavern, which has a few permanant lines and its pretty wide open. There's alot of marine life around the outskirts of the basin(turtles, bass, bream, carp, pike, gar, mullet, ect), along with curious bass and bream in the basin. The cavern is also full of catfish and freshwater eels.

Oh, and entrance is free :wink:

Did you mean Saturday or Sunday. Sat. is the 11th and Sunday
is the 12th.? Is it an OW or cavern/cave dive?

Oops, I meant the 11th.

The basin and spring run are OW, the cavern is large and open, but doesn't go too far in, nor does it go too far down, but it is an overhead environment. There are some permanant lines inside the cavern and it doesn't silt up, some would consider this safe enough for OW divers who are comfortable underwater. I won't lie, I'm just OW and I do use up 1/3rd of my air inside the cavern - just don't forget you are in an overhead envirnment and keep a wary eye on all your equipment as well as your buddy.

Its a fun dive, I have several pics if you'd like to see.

Sounds like a good dive. Too bad you aren't going
the weekend of the 18th,19th....I would have joined
you....Let us know how it is.

I think I forget how to dive :) .
I'll be trying to join you, work schedule and holiday prep schedule permitting.

Hi, guys, I am back on line again. We have gotten about 95% moved in. Atleast all the major things. My computer, my regulators, and camera are all safely tucked away in their new home. Seriously though, we do have all but a few items left to move over to our new house. The old one looks trashed now. I have been very picky about what I wanted to keep or get rid of. So, things are looking kind of desparate there. I doubt it will get cleared out and cleaned until after the holidays.

The weekend you are diving I have family visiting, and the next one too. We then have holidays to go through. I now have to get the house decorated before they all start coming here. We also did not get all of our new bedroom furniture, the bed head and foot were on backorder, the night stands, mirror and 5 drawer chest too. Right now we have a kingsize box spring and mattress on the floor! Atleast we have a bed to sleep on.

Gotta go time for breakfast. New house is 30 min. from work so I need to go earlier.

Catch up later.

How about a Christmas Dive or a dive on the 17th or 18th? I'm game! Shivering all ready but game!

I'll probably up for Morrison on the 17th or 18th :) Especially if I can't find a buddy for the 12th! :D

Looks like I got ambushed by the Boss - I'm scheduled to work Saturday. I'm off on Friday so I may try to get to Morrison then. I'll be prepared to do Vortex as a back-up just in case the viz is crud. I gotta get some H2O !!!!!!!

My boat dive(Dixie Diver) was cancelled on the 4th, so it looks like I'll be heading to ScubaTech on the 12th to make up for that trip.

Anyone up for Morrison(w/Vortex as an alt) on the 18th or 19th? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom