Omega Seamaster as a dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bradcurtis:
I was wondering what people thought of the Omega Seamaster for a christmas gift?

That's an awesome Christmas gift! I bought one in August and just love it. But I haven't dove with. I dive with a couple computers and haven't been able to justify risking damaging it on a dive since I don't need to dive with it. But I've been thinking of diving with it once just to say I did. :D

Just got one in Sept for my B-day. Great watch. I'm sure it would make an excellent dive watch. I find out for sure next dive season.

I've got one, and I dive with it.

It's waterproof and it tells the time, but there are cheaper watches that do that just as well. It's the most expensive piece of dive kit I own, and the least necessary.

It also has that special feeling that only very well engineered pieces of kit do, to me that's worth the money.

[font=바탕][/font]
[font=바탕][/font]
[font=바탕]I am also wondering why some people keep questioning about using the luxury watches, such as Omega Seamaster and Rolex Submariner, as a dive watch.
The unique model names really contains their diving features by having "Helium escape valve" for deep sea diving.

I am always wearing my Seamaster no matter what I do. Many buddies keep asking me the same question "what time is it?"

[/font]

Druid:
I've got one, and I dive with it.

It's waterproof and it tells the time, but there are cheaper watches that do that just as well. It's the most expensive piece of dive kit I own, and the least necessary.

It also has that special feeling that only very well engineered pieces of kit do, to me that's worth the money.

Nicely said.

Had mine for 8 years.

Took me 3 years of constantly going into watch shops and trying it on before realising that there was no justification in buying it as a watch. I bought it because I'd worked hard for the money and had that much available.

I love the engineering of it and it gives me pleasure every time I look at it. It NEVER comes off my wrist, has a few scratches that give it character and I dive with it every time.

It is not as accurate as a cheap digital, but it is consistent at losing 4 seconds a day, and never needs a battery, which I liked as I worked offshore for months at a time.

As a gift, it's outrageously generous.

J.

I've had a Seamaster Pro for about 6 years. I wear it all the time except the watchmakers warned me not to wear it in hot tubs or saunas after it fogged once. Apparently, it is water resistant, but not steam resistant. (This is true of all water resistant watches) I've been to 75ft with it which is only 7.5% of its rated depth.

The only downside is that I wore it a lot cycling. Since the sapphire crystal does NOT block UV light, the luminescent markings are very faded and don't glow very well anymore. I'm sure I could replace them for some ridiculous amount of $$$.

Back
Top Bottom