Sebring????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Florida for the last two weeks in December the first week will be in the Keys. I already have hotel and dive reservations for there. The second week Will be in the Sebring area is there any diving available within an hours drive of that area. Or am I looking at a whole week of just sitting with the parents and hitting the wal-mart at 5am?

gtxl1200:
I will be in Florida for the last two weeks in December the first week will be in the Keys. I already have hotel and dive reservations for there. The second week Will be in the Sebring area is there any diving available within an hours drive of that area. Or am I looking at a whole week of just sitting with the parents and hitting the wal-mart at 5am?

There isn't much diving in that part of the state. There are a couple of springs (Alexandra and Blue) outside of Orlando, but I'd recommend driving over to Jupiter or West Palm Beach. They are within 2 hours of Sebring and has outstanding diving!

Lake Denton is between Sebring and Avon Park. It's not great diving, but it is diving within a 20 minute drive.

Walter:
Lake Denton is between Sebring and Avon Park. It's not great diving, but it is diving within a 20 minute drive.

I kind of know where that is. My parents actually live in Avon Park. Now the question is anybody interested in getting wet with me?? for a couple of quick dives my wife doesnt dive.

Also Do you know anything about diving in Jackson lake that big lake in Sebring. Also are there any dive shops around to get my tanks filled in case I might want to make more then a couple of dives.

Walter:

Good old Lake Denton....I probably have 100 dives or more in that lake.....

I'll have a class at Lake Denton on the 18th and 19th of December.

Not much to see in the lake. Follow the lines to three old skiffs that have been sunk in about 40'. It will be cold so wear appropriate exposure gear.

While I've never seen a gator in the lake, watch out for the turtle. Some bozo fed it Vienna Sausages and now it thinks fingers are a tasty snack.

Don't know about any dive shops in the area. I've never seen any. My recommendation would be to go to Jupiter or WPB. Both offer much, much better diving!

Best of luck!

Lee

Consider this - your within an hours drive of either coast at Sebring (roughly an hour..probably a lil more). That gives you the possibility of Venice Beach or WPB.

http://mappoint.msn.com/(xv3cbl31vqb0sg554c35pbnv)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=27.49605%2c-81.44084&A=41.56667&P=|75E6|&TI=Sebring%2c+Florida%2c+United+States

CBulla:
Consider this - your within an hours drive of either coast at Sebring (roughly an hour..probably a lil more). That gives you the possibility of Venice Beach or WPB.

http://mappoint.msn.com/(xv3cbl31vqb0sg554c35pbnv)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=27.49605%2c-81.44084&A=41.56667&P=|75E6|&TI=Sebring%2c+Florida%2c+United+States

Ok I have considered this I got a pm from a guy I might hit lake Denton with one day. If I decide to go to west palm beach any suggestions on dive OPS? I did a search and none came up.

gtxl1200:
Ok I have considered this I got a pm from a guy I might hit lake Denton with one day. If I decide to go to west palm beach any suggestions on dive OPS? I did a search and none came up.

None came up? There must be a million dive operators there! I would recommend Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com) and Pura Vida Divers (www.puravidadivers.com) in Riviera Beach or Splashdown Divers (www.splashdowndivers.com) in Boynton Beach. I have had nothing but great experiences with each of them.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom