Spiegel Grove Diagram

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fcorrado

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a diagram of the Spiegel Grove as it is underwater to help facilitate future dives?

Hello,

I'll ask a Moderator to move this to the appropriate forum for better coverage. Hope you come back here to Introduce yourself.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Pretty picture book that shows the approximate layout of SG and other wrecks and reefs around the Keys. I bought it, its a bit weird to see a pretend 3D picture, but its somewhat close. The only other online resources i know of are photos from her being in service and sunk or close up - nothing map like. I will state that although you may want to see a certain section of this ship, its a first come, first serve mooring buoy allocation - you get what you are given by the charter you are with and how quickly they can get out there :wink:

I take it you are a DM or instructor leading trips? Or are you planning this as a private boat owner? Just be aware of the currents and depths out there, stay safe :wink:

Hello,
found this site via, google seach looking for the same thing, a divemaster sketch of the wreck, as to plan my dives when I come down next month. if anyone know of any it would be helpful, so far I have found that there are ten buoys on the wreck but would like to know orientation of the wreck and such, thanks in adavance.

There are underwater slates for sale at Ocean Divers, and I believe also Slates dive centers in Key Largo... They are ultra cheap..., $2.95 at Ocean Divers as of a few weekends ago... I picked one up for grins, good for an overview.

The wreck of the SG is now laying on its keel (thanks to Hurricane Dennis)... The mooring bouy's are scattered around the wreck from bow to stern and it really is a crap shoot as to which one you moor up on depending on the other boat traffic at the time. By far the most popular is amidship at the rear of the superstructure on the port side as it sits around 65' near the highest point of the wreck.

The main deck sits around 90-95' or so, and provides plenty of wreck opportunities. The deck plans are floating around, but alas they are not a good wreck map for diving. A buddy of mine is trying to clean them up and remove some of the junk from the scematics to make a more usefull diagram for dive planning.

I've done the Grove probably 15 or so times - and I keep going back... so diff strokes for diff folks...
Other good dives I like:
Duane
Eagle
RSB-1
Castor
Captain Tony
Captain Dan
Rodeo 25
Guy Harvey
Jim Atria
And for those at the deeper end of the pool....
Hydro Atlantic
Miller Lite

Thanks for the list. Our gang of 3 is going out this Friday and Saturday specifically for wreck diving off Ft. Lauderdale. So this list confirms some of the ones I heard about as well as adds a couple that weren't mentioned before.... the Captain Tony and Guy Harvey.

While we'd love to get to the Hydro Atlantic and Miller Lite, we're not doin' technical diving this trip. Maybe next time. :D

Thanks again!

Dave

netmage:
I've done the Grove probably 15 or so times - and I keep going back... so diff strokes for diff folks...
Other good dives I like:
Duane
Eagle
RSB-1
Castor
Captain Tony
Captain Dan
Rodeo 25
Guy Harvey
Jim Atria
And for those at the deeper end of the pool....
Hydro Atlantic
Miller Lite

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom