C-7000 Housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azisme

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know how to find out if any manufacturers are planning on making a housing for the new Oly C7000? I flooded my C-5050 in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago so have been searching for a new camera.

I really liked my 5050, but it didn't feel as comfortable to me as the 4040 I owned before it, due to the minor size increase and a greater increase in complexity. Complexity on land is fine for me, underwater I prefer as simple as I can get. So anyway, I have been looking for a smaller camera that is not too complicated yet has all the manual options, does great macro (my favorite), that would also make a good all around land based camera. My second choice would be a Canon S70. The only real thing I feel I am losing in both of these cameras is not being able to use filters such as polarizers on land.

Please fill me in on what you think especially if you can predict a housing on the horizon, Ike? My wife agreed to buy me a new camera for Christmas so I am trying to come up with one. My gut feeling tells me to wait as I won’t be diving again till spring, and prices will only go down.

Back
Top Bottom