St. Vincent - any experiences/advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received information on a special price being offered for a dive package in St. Vincent - almost sounds too good. Does anyone have any experiences about this area they can share? Here's the special:

RED HOT SUMMER SPECIAL MAY 2002 TO NOVEMBER 2002

Wallilbou Dive Experience and the Anchorage Hotel is now offering the hottest dive/hotel special to the worlds top undiscovered dive destination, St.Vincent and the Greandines.

$599

This package includes:

10 dives
Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
Airport pick up
Equipment cleaning and storage
A complimenatry drink on arrival

P.S. I searched first but didn't find much about St. Vincent

Thanks!
Lucia

Hi:
I can say anything about that special.
But I do have a list of the reef dives in St Vincent.
Bottle Reef, Turtle Bay Reef, The wall, 45 to 90 feet, New Guinea Reef, 40 feet to 80 feet, The wreck of the Seimstrand, in 80 feet of water, And The Gardens a shallow reef also perfect for snorkeling.
Sounds like this is plenty of diving there.
Do you need dive ops too?
I have those if you're still interested.

Thanks for the input Natasha. As I understand the special, the dive op is Wallilabou Dive Experience, web site is www.diveexperience.com, run by Kenard Cruickshank. Do you have any info. about them? I have sent an e-mail with lots of questions but I'm waiting to hear back.

Any advice on getting to St. Vincent? I'm in Kansas City - assume I would need to fly through Houston or Miami or something like that.

Have a good weekend!

Originally posted by Lucia
I received information on a special price being offered for a dive package in St. Vincent - almost sounds too good. Does anyone have any experiences about this area they can share?

P.S. I searched first but didn't find much about St. Vincent

Thanks!
Lucia

Undercurrent had an article on St. Vincent in the March 2002 issue. "The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook" includes several pages of divers reviews of St. Vincent and the Genadines.

I haven't heard of that dive op.
Seems Dive St. Vincent is popular. wwwdivestvincent.com
The owner is named Bill Tewes, you can email him at bill2s@caribsurf.com
As far as the air goes, I would say Miami to San Juan and an American Eagle flight to St V's in probably the best way.
Check with American Airlines.

Did not dive St Vincent however we dove Bequia which is a short ferry ride. The diving in that area is very good. Both islands are volcanic created and have beautiful walls. The marine life on Bequia was small but very plentiful. To get to St. Vincent we had to lay over in Barbados and then fly over the next morning. Then we took the ferry/cargo ship to Bequia. St Vincent is a beautiful island from the air, very mountainous and green with vegetation.
Try this site for additional information: http://www.scubasvg.com/
Good Luck and Safe Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom