Ginnie (or other caves) 12/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Pete and i were talking the other day about hitting Ginnie (although i would like to continue to see other caves around) this weekend (12/4). Not sure if anyone would like to come in on this and make it a 3 man team or just if anyone is around. We are both diving at intro level, he might be on a single 120, me on my double 120's (diving 1/6's rule), were thinking of seeing what we could cover going in there up to our limits. Might do one from the eye (just for fun) past the ear, and then one from the ear after for a better push upstream, who knows? Other options might be Manatee, Peacock/OG as i only have limited experience in either of those. I will probably speak to Pete about it again tonight.

I know both cavediverjeff and fltekdiver were both asking me about doing cave dives, and we havent gotten Chuck out in a while either.

OneBrightGator:
but cheap! :D
I never suspected anything less :wink: Me too on the cheap front, however Pete was the one who asked me to go and i guess he was aiming at Ginnie. I am sure you have done that one more times than you care to remember! Its all new to me, pretty much.

OneBrightGator:
If you guys wanna sponsor a poor college student, then Ginnie is fine.

Peacock/OG works for me though.
Ben for sponsorship do you do the work of a scooter? Towing along the cave newbies? :wink:

Peacock/OG (still havent done much in P1 and none in OG) is a good back up, as would be Manatee, however Peacock is a drive from Orlando!

The vis at peacock is a little messed up last I heard.
Larry was at ginnie last Sat and was telling me and Rick.
Hey I got to do a couple of jumps last weekend too.
Was interesting. Something new.

fgray1:
The vis at peacock is a little messed up last I heard.
Larry was at ginnie last Sat and was telling me and Rick.
Hey I got to do a couple of jumps last weekend too.
Was interesting. Something new.
I heard it wasnt great, but its within limits - maybe not the best time to hit it unless you want to see it in a more natural and unused state. Ginnie was a good 60ft+ last weekend, just the cost involved. Manatee was a good 40ft+ about a month ago.

It was 15ish down the Pothole line and 20ish down the Peanut, but that was Nov 19th, so it's probably a lot better by now.

I know Ginnie had traffic jams last Sat. What a pain it was to get in through the ear.
They said Peacock was even more crowded. Which killed what little vis there was.
Mostly near the opening.

If you guys do Ginny , I might pop over there and practice my cavern skills...I need it!!!!
But no caving for me....er....YET!!!!

Maybe see ya there...
If I show , I'll be hanging around the ballroom area -or- maybe a plunk down into Lil Devil and the Eye...

If anyone wants to do some caverning on Saturday at Ginnie , let me know...

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom