Tenneco Towers 12/18 b'day dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well after seeing yet another trip go out there recently posted by FLLDiver i thought i would question American Dreams 2(AD2) on their schedule for the next trip out to Tenneco Towers (TT) - AD2 seems happy to do this trip, but i would like to see if there is any interest. I have wanted to do this dive for some time now, and the usual trip postings have been a day or two before the actual trip and in midweek - so i havent been able to go!!! So who would like to do this trip on 12/18?

Orignally i was thinking AM boat so we have time for some PM shore diving, but due to the distance out this is a PM boat and i hope to do some night diving afterwards off the shore, something on sunday followed by the Meet & Greet later that day. Of course i have to wait on AD2 to get back to me regarding this trip, but its something i am hopeful on. I might even be able to swing a discount if we get enough interested parties, although the general pricing is only $45, with a decent sized group they are willing to go to $35 each - we just have to arrange a collective payment out of sight of the other customers. We meet at or before 1pm at the boa for a 1.30 trip. Directions are on the AD2 website. Dives will be max 105 or 115ft (depending on tower we hit) for the first dive - probably use 32-34%, second dive will be max 70ft, so use anything up to 40% on that. Seeing as they both will be a little multilevel anyway, bottom time wont be as much of an issue. The towers start/end at 60ft at the top, the Edminister probably in the high 40's at the top of the superstructure.

Of course who knows on the weather that weekend, but we can always hope and try :wink:

So far (12/3) i have these down:
1. simbrooks (Simon)
2. down4fun (Kim)
3. diver_doh (Jeff, i think)
4. baitedstorm (Vickie)
5. jeandiver (Jean)
6. justjoe (Joe)
7. netdoc (Pete)
8. marvel
9. murphdiver286 (Darrel)
10. Scuba_Jenny (sneaky, editing mod)
11. FLLdiver (Marc)
12. Madeline
13. theone (Jeff - roommate)
14. Jeff's sister (Steph)
15. Padipro (Scott)

tentative:
1. joeamit (everyone can free a little time for a dive)

Let me know if you are on that list and cant make it or want to be added to the list :wink: I am going to make a final head count a couple of days beforehand and a final weather check too.

I would be interested in going. I have been scheduled to go there twice (with another boat) and it got canceled. I would finally like to get there :D

me tooooooo! I'd probably even get the green light to go (from the hubby) seeing how it looks like I'd even have a buddy or two.... Wooohooo.... let me know

I sent off an email this morning, i will follow up with a phone call tomorrow morning, just to see if this trip is possible. Our options seem to be a regular price of $45 or chartering the whole boat at $790 (which would only break even with 18 divers - which i think is more than we can hope for), but i will see if there is any chance of pushing the price down as well. Looks like we have at least 6 so far, my roommate and his sister might be good to go as well. Not sure if anyone else wants to come, ReneeC, JCesquba, wreckhunter and a few others were interested in the last thread, maybe they might like to come too?

Keep me posted on their response. I can also check with Southeast Oceanic if you would like. They might give me a good price for a charter.

Keep me informed, I'd like to dive Tennaco again. $45 isn't a bad price.

Count me in as well...Maybe if we get 18 of us :D
I think that is a good price myself...For some of the others I have seen...

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom