Looking to dive some more springs Dec 4th-5th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
OK...You got me hooked!!!
Does anybody want to do some spring diving this weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday)?
I will CERTAINLY do Blue springs again (Orange City) and also looking to maybe pop over and give Devil's Den a try...

But anything works for me !!!

And I should have my transfer whip completed so I can top-off my doubles from my singles...(yay...)

Jean

jeandiver:
OK...You got me hooked!!!
Does anybody want to do some spring diving this weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday)?
I will CERTAINLY do Blue springs again (Orange City) and also looking to maybe pop over and give Devil's Den a try...

But anything works for me !!!

And I should have my transfer whip completed so I can top-off my doubles from my singles...(yay...)

Jean

You sound like someone who needs to take up cave diving. :) You should check out Madison Blue Spring west of you also. Not as much to see for OW, but it might be worth one dive.

http://northfloridadiver.net/media/pics/madblue604/00570024.JPG

Yes I sure will...Hey , a dive is a dive !!!!!
And thank you for the information , for sure.
Now as far as going Cave , well , er , uh , let me work on my cavern skills for a while...
I kind of want to do some of that this weekend...
(line drills , no mask etc...)

Hey , while I am on it , can someone suggest skills I should be working on for a semi-newbie cavern diver? I think I know what I should be working on but I need wiser heads to prevail here...

Jean

jeandiver:
Yes I sure will...Hey , a dive is a dive !!!!!
And thank you for the information , for sure.
Now as far as going Cave , well , er , uh , let me work on my cavern skills for a while...
I kind of want to do some of that this weekend...
(line drills , no mask etc...)

Hey , while I am on it , can someone suggest skills I should be working on for a semi-newbie cavern diver? I think I know what I should be working on but I need wiser heads to prevail here...

Jean

Cavern skills to work on.......fin kicks (frog, modified flutter, etc), Helicopter turns, reel running, neutral bouyancy skills, s-drills, horizontal ascents and descents, line placement...I am sure others will say more but those are a good start..... :wink:

Brian

PS....I have a group going to Jupiter to dive sat morning and sat night if your interested. Possibility of Lemon Sharks spawning......hopefully.

ZenDiver:
Cavern skills to work on.......fin kicks (frog, modified flutter, etc), Helicopter turns, reel running, neutral bouyancy skills, s-drills, horizontal ascents and descents, line placement...I am sure others will say more but those are a good start..... :wink:

Brian

PS....I have a group going to Jupiter to dive sat morning and sat night if your interested. Possibility of Lemon Sharks spawning......hopefully.

Wonderful !!! Thank you....
I'll keep Jupiter in mind , for sure !!! I guess if I need directions , I will let you know!

Jean

Will be arriving in Orlando Saturday afternoon for a conference. May have a window of opportunity to get wet Sunday morning if there's anything close enough to International Drive that I can be back by 14:00 to set-up our booth. Should be arriving with full tanks, so just a matter of jumping in the car and rolling! Anyone interested?? Oh - I'm NOT overhead certified.

Tom

skyking:
Will be arriving in Orlando Saturday afternoon for a conference. May have a window of opportunity to get wet Sunday morning if there's anything close enough to International Drive that I can be back by 14:00 to set-up our booth. Should be arriving with full tanks, so just a matter of jumping in the car and rolling! Anyone interested?? Oh - I'm NOT overhead certified.

Tom
Anything around Ocala would make a reasonable half day trip (1-1.5 hours each way) or up to Blue Spring again (sure Jean would do it one more time) in just under an hour from I-drive. Sorry i will have my head in a cave on saturday (i hope) and sunday mornings are taken for other things :wink:

skyking:

Tom

Skyking:

We are diving Blue Springs on Sunday morning around 9 AM. It is in Orange City about , er , 40 miles north of Orlando on I-4. (I hope that is close...As Simon said , you can drive in under an hour) If you want to join us , I can send you directions !!!!
And Simon was right...I sure WILL do Blue Springs one more time...Actually , MORE than one more time , but that's another story!!! :wink:

Jean

P.S. It is a Florida State Park , and not all the group is cavern certified anyway , so no worries there...

If I lived any closer I would be joining you but I guess I am just going to have to see if I can persuade some dive buddies that it is still not THAT cold using a wet suit up here :wink: All they have to do is just zip up my dry suit...LOL. Have fun in the springs.

Far_X:
If I lived any closer I would be joining you but I guess I am just going to have to see if I can persuade some dive buddies that it is still not THAT cold using a wet suit up here :wink: All they have to do is just zip up my dry suit...LOL. Have fun in the springs.

Hey , thank you !!!! I have my dry suit being shipped soon to me from up Nort'...
But I 3mm wet it in Ginny etc...Don't seem to get TOO cold...
Looks like I will be just hanging around the Ginny ballroom and working on my cavern skills...I definately need the practice...
Maybe I can snare a buddy when I get there... :wink:
(I could always bribe someone and pay their admission fee... :icon10:

Jean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom