Philippine Weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info Paolo, some folks will be coming in overseas to dive there. Looks bad!

if you check out the links, you can see other stuffs that you can use for your dive planning. Wave direction, wave height and other anouncements by local units on weather conditions.

f3nikon:
Thanks for the info Paolo, some folks will be coming in overseas to dive there. Looks bad!
Depends a lot on when you plan to come. We are in the middle of a very strong Typhoon today, but history tells us that this should be the last of the season, and they have a tendency to head north and most diving is in the south.

Planning a trip between January and May/June is usually safe in terms of the weather. ALso since the water is moving from south to north here, we are now receiving warm water from the south. But remember, for us cold is 25C degrees (77F degrees).

Thanks for the warning about the cold water, I'll tell them to bring their Viking DRY suits with the wool underwear. Also to bring their mittens instead of gloves and ice diving regulators.

I also told them that this looks like a late typhoon season. My question really is how long does it usually take for the waters to recover (clear up) after the rainy season? March maybe?

f3nikon:
Thanks for the warning about the cold water, I'll tell them to bring their Viking DRY suits with the wool underwear. Also to bring their mittens instead of gloves and ice diving regulators.

I also told them that this looks like a late typhoon season. My question really is how long does it usually take for the waters to recover (clear up) after the rainy season? March maybe?

ice regs are not needed. 27 °C is comfortable to those living in countries with winter. a numbee of guys here can dive in t-shirts and shorts at 27°C.

Water clears up two days after a rain. but we dive during rains :O) you can get vis at least 30ft even during rains. just choose the spot. A good dive guide can bring you to good dives even during rains.

dude,

this is a cool site!!! i haven't fully browsed it, but does it cover "good" weather also? i mean do they have good info on the weather any time of the year? or do they just go to work when we have a storm?

this sure as hell beats yahoo weather and all the other US-based weather sites that only have token details on asian weather...

and if you haven't already seen it, don't bother with the PAGASA website... it's slower than erap's crossword puzzle solving and sucks really large lemons

Jag

shugar:
dude,

this is a cool site!!! i haven't fully browsed it, but does it cover "good" weather also? i mean do they have good info on the weather any time of the year? or do they just go to work when we have a storm?

this sure as hell beats yahoo weather and all the other US-based weather sites that only have token details on asian weather...

and if you haven't already seen it, don't bother with the PAGASA website... it's slower than erap's crossword puzzle solving and sucks really large lemons

Jag

This is a good site. Remember back in the late 80s and early 90s? The weather report was like, "there was a typhoon yesterday....." I was in Cebu when Ruping hit. No one knew it was coming. The super typhoon blew a big freighter into the Mactan bridge and closed it down for a few months. That really did suck large calamansis.

f3nikon:

Paolo - sarcasm 101 mate, he's goofing around :)

Scuby Dooby:
Paolo - sarcasm 101 mate, he's goofing around :)

right there, hehehhehe, i think i lost my IQ there... maybe it was because i had to do a quick scan of the post, and do a reply, as to not be caught while in office doing SB forums. hehehhehehehhehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom