Babysitters at Utila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue-ba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Our diving family of 7 is looking into renting a home on Utila during 2005. We have 6 divers but one too little to dive yet so it is always a worry to think of leaving her behind when we dive. Does anyone know someone on the island that would be a good babysitter. I would feel better getting a recommendation from our friends on SB before we go than to just find a stranger when we arrive. I have also been hoping we can find someone that has children around the same age-9yrs. That would be more fun for her. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Sue-ba Lips:
Our diving family of 7 is looking into renting a home on Utila during 2005. We have 6 divers but one too little to dive yet so it is always a worry to think of leaving her behind when we dive. Does anyone know someone on the island that would be a good babysitter. I would feel better getting a recommendation from our friends on SB before we go than to just find a stranger when we arrive. I have also been hoping we can find someone that has children around the same age-9yrs. That would be more fun for her. Any recommendations would be helpful.

I agree that a personal recomendation would be much better...I'm not even sure I'd *let* anyone I didn't personally know take care of my kids these days...

Now I'm jealous and want to move forward with dive trip planning to the tropics... :banana:

Take me!!!! I'll babysit, I swear! :D

Yeah right Vickie, You will take your kid sitter and go diving!

shhhhh!

Since this is my 5th child, it gets easier to go with your gut. I have had enough experience that I have learned to trust my intuition on this. With the other 4, I have times when my gut said, "No way" to some babysitters so, even with a good recommendation, if I got there and my gut said "No," I would tell the bs that we have changed our minds. I must be hopeful though. If worse comes to worse, we will have to take turns staying behind. That would only be one or two dives each. I really am hoping to find some other children for her to play with though, for her sake. She will enjoy the trip much more if she makes some friends.

If you want a baby sitter in Utila it will probably be one of the local girls.
If you a renting a house you would probably be better off renting a maid (again one of the local girls) for between 300-500 lempiras per day (approx 17-27 $US) and include baby-sitting in their duties.

The people who are renting you the house in Utila (you didn't say which house) should be able to organise this for you. If not contact me when you arrive in Utila and I can advise you.

See the About Us page on www.AboutUtila.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom