Versa Pro, Pros And Cons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAVYman

Reaction score
Hey Everyone
I Am Looking To Buy A Wrist Mount Oceanic Versa Pro. I Am Looking For Input And Peoples Experiences. Do You Like It? Good Or Bad? Etc. Thanks So Much.

I have one. I bought it back when it first came out. It went tits up after about a year and a half. Took it back to my LDS and they sent it back to Oceanic. I was given a new computer for $100. I was a little miffed about having to pay extra.

As far as the computer. I love it. Big numbers. User friendly. It also has three choices of what you want to see displayed on the screen when you are diving. I also like the Gauge mode for my tech diving.
Jason

I have both the Oceanic Versa Pro and the Aeris Atmos 2, but both are console mounted, not wrist mounted.

I love 'em both. In fact some times I have a tough deciding which to use.

I bought for the ease of use and for the big display. I have been very pleased with them both. I did have a problem with the Oceanic (the older of the two) last summer but Oceanic replaced it at no charge. Unfortunately I never found out what malfunctioned. I hope that it was an aberration, but I can't be positive.

My buddy took my Aeris with him as a backup on a trip to PNG recently. Darn good thing too, because his main computer died, so he dove half the 9 days on my Aeris. He didn't have the instructions or anything, but it was easy enough for him to be able to use it anyway. That says something about how user friendly they are.

Just my opinions and experiences,

Wristshot

And if you worry about it being "too liberal" just make sure you surface in the green. I have used it for 3 liveaboard trips in the past year, and the big numbers are a blessing for the "over 45" crowd.

I've owned two of them ... both went bonkers on me during a dive. I sent the first one back for a replacement, as it was only a few dives old. The second one sits, useless, in my "gear I no longer use" box.

In both cases, the depth sensor went nuts. The first one had me continuing the dive ... even though I was driving down Interstate 5 on my way home. The second one had me doing a dive to over 160 feet ... in a dive park that maxes at about 40.

Not reliable, in my opinion.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've had my Versa Pro about 1 1/2 years now. Until very recently I've been very happy with it. Large display, Nitrox and alot of other features. But, resently I've noticed the back light hasnt been working...battery seems to be good still. Another larger problem is that in gauge mode, the display is not giving my accurate bottom time for some reason. I'm not sure what time it's giving me, but it isn't bottom time and I've tried to change the display/settings to correct the problem, but to no avail. My next step is to take the battery out to reset the computer and see if that does something. If anyone has any suggestion, let me know please.

I can't recommend a versa pro until I find out what's wrong with mine.

Clay

fugu:
I've had my Versa Pro about 1 1/2 years now. Until very recently I've been very happy with it. Large display, Nitrox and alot of other features. But, resently I've noticed the back light hasnt been working...battery seems to be good still. Another larger problem is that in gauge mode, the display is not giving my accurate bottom time for some reason. I'm not sure what time it's giving me, but it isn't bottom time and I've tried to change the display/settings to correct the problem, but to no avail. My next step is to take the battery out to reset the computer and see if that does something. If anyone has any suggestion, let me know please.

I can't recommend a versa pro until I find out what's wrong with mine.

Clay
Crap, I just bought one yesterday

My wife and I each have one we got from LeisurePro about 2 years ago. We love them. Big, clear, dispay. Easy to use. Easy to change nitrox settings. Easy to access log mode at the end of the day. Shorten the strap a bit with a sharp knife. The backlite on hers died when it was a year old. LeisurePro replaced it immediately wit no questions for free. No problems since then. We would buy again. We like the way the Oceanics display info. Seems logical to our brains.

Back
Top Bottom