Islamorada in January...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys!

It's getting closer to my winter (working) holiday in Florida and was wondering if any of you would be interested in making a couple dives with me?

We'll be down the week of 10 January, looking for a place to open my new tractor store along the east coast, Ft. Pierce and south, but will end up in Islamorada that next weekend (15th-16th) to dive with the Pat and the kids at Ocean Quest. Would like to invite some of you southern divers to join me. If we have some good weather, I'd like to get back on the "Eagle" for a dive or two or one of the other local wrecks.

Look forward to hearing from you folks!

How about another norhern ( Wisconsin) diver? I need some dive buddies for the weekend of the 14- 16th. Arriving Ft. Meyers Jan 13th. Heading to the keys with gear after arrival. Give me the details of your lodging and dive boat location; dates as where you would be in order to hook up. Thanks.

Mind diving with a couple of transplanted Michiganders (Owosso and Bay City)?
We like to get down to the Keys in the winter.

CAPT HOOK:
Mind diving with a couple of transplanted Michiganders (Owosso and Bay City)?
We like to get down to the Keys in the winter.

Well! I guess I expected replys from FLORIDA DIVERS, and get a couple of replies from folks from up north!

The dive shop is Ocean Quest at Smugglers Cove in Islamorada and here is the address to their very nice web site.

http://www.oceanquestdivecenter.com/

I don't have any hotel information yet, but the time is here for me to make some reservations. I'll be traveling with my wife and will meet my two kids there in the keys. My son is flying down from Michigan (he lives with us) and my daughter lives in Ft. Myers. We'll have a kind of family winter vacation for a weekend and I want to get in some diving seeing that the water here in Michigan is beginning to get 'crusty' on the top!

When I have some hotel info, I'll post it here. Good to have you guys aboard, look forward to meeting you!

I'm also a Michigander who just returned from the key's. We stayed in Key Largo, about a 3 hour drive from Ft. Meyers, and dove the Duane and Spiegel Grove over two days. We dove with Blue Water Divers, who did a nice job. The warm water is nice, but nothing can the wreck diving in the Great Lakes. It's the best in the world, IMHO.

frankenmuth_tom:
Hi guys!

It's getting closer to my winter (working) holiday in Florida and was wondering if any of you would be interested in making a couple dives with me?!

Tom,
I think that you should stop by Gilboa, pick up Cyril, and take him alomg with you to the keys!

lisa4516:
Tom,
I think that you should stop by Gilboa, pick up Cyril, and take him alomg with you to the keys!

I've got a better idea! YOU crawl in that cold water and rescue Cyril!!! I'm going to the Keys for my next dive.

...and made reservations for diving on Saturday and Sunday the 15th and 16th in the morning. She also steered me to a small motel on the Gulf Side at mm 92.5. I called them and made reservations on the last two available rooms for the weekend (turns out, they only have 10 rooms!) So we are all set for the weekend of diving in Islamorada.

If we have folks who are willing, I'd like to make a trip out to the Eagle for a dive or two. The Eagle is in about 110 ft of water (or was a year ago) but is only about 75 ft to the upper portions of the structure. I didn't get much chance to get a good look last time, as I was doing the first dive of my AOW and wanted to pay attention to the instructor. This time I'd like a chance to poke around a bit and really see the wreck, so I'll bring my pony tank along for the chance at a deeper dive.

Look forward to meeting some of you folks for the diving down there. Pray for good weather and clear vis!!!!

Hey Tom,

When the dates get a little closer I will have a better idea if I will be able to make the trip. I have a project that will either be finished or I will be in the middle of a really really bad thing. So no promises. I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates though.

Take care,
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom