lp inflator hose length for Oxycheq wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDub

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
If this belongs in Hogarthian, Mods feel free to move it...

I have a question regarding the length of the lp inflator hose. I have a 22" hose that I'm using on my Oxycheq 45# Sig. Series wing. 22" is the shortest I could find, and worked well with my previous wing, but the corrugated hose on the Oxycheq is significantly shorter and it seems like a 21" or even a 20" lp hose would work better, but I am unable to find (short of custom) those hose lengths. For those using the same wing (or one with similar lenght corrugated hose) what length of lp hose are you using?

Also, for single tank diving, do you prefer a 24" or 26" hp hose? It seems as though most prefer a 22" or 24" hose and the 24" seems just a little too short for me. Does anyone use a 26"?

Thanks!

I use 24" for both LP inflator hose and HP SPG hose. Uncle Pug has told me I could use a shorter inflator hose (I use the same wing you do) ... the SPG hose seems about right, and I have a wider body to get it past than you do ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Also, for single tank diving, do you prefer a 24" or 26" hp hose? It seems as though most prefer a 22" or 24" hose and the 24" seems just a little too short for me. Does anyone use a 26"?
If this was in the Hogarthian forum I'd tell you what I use (a 26" hp hose) but since it's the DIR forum, I'll keep my mouth shut:wink:.

Jason

If it's too short, get one a couple inches longer. The DIR recommended length is 24", but thanks to the wonders of biology, not everyone has the same body length. If you are on the taller side, try 25-26". I'm 6'0" and use a 24" with both doubles and singles.

Well Bob, if a 24" spg works for you then I shouldn't have a problem! :D

I'll try the 24" spg hose again. It works fine on my doubles, just seems a little short on the single tank setup. I'm 5'10" so it seems like it should work. Thanks for the feedback.

As far as the lpi hose, the 22" definitely works, it just takes a wide bend and seems like it can still afford to lose another inch or two. I'll keep it as is.

wingnut:
Well Bob, if a 24" spg works for you then I shouldn't have a problem! :D

I'll try the 24" spg hose again. It works fine on my doubles, just seems a little short on the single tank setup. I'm 5'10" so it seems like it should work. Thanks for the feedback.

As far as the lpi hose, the 22" definitely works, it just takes a wide bend and seems like it can still afford to lose another inch or two. I'll keep it as is.
Yes, I have the same wing and it takes a bend, too. Funny thing is, it's the hose that came with the wing.
Let us know if you find a 20" hose.

Yes, I have the same wing and it takes a bend, too. Funny thing is, it's the hose that came with the wing.

Come to think of it, I received the same hose with mine (I already had a 22" for the wing I was using at the time).

I'll let you know if I find a 20", but I think anything shorter than 22" will have to be custom.

wingnut:

It's really not that expensive to have one made that fits perfect. Plus you can always use that 22" hose for your Argon/Drysuit rig. :wink:

wingnut:
Come to think of it, I received the same hose with mine (I already had a 22" for the wing I was using at the time).

I'll let you know if I find a 20", but I think anything shorter than 22" will have to be custom.

We stock BC hoses in every length from 18 inch to 36 inch in 2 inch increments.

If you need a hose we probably have it.

Every day .................

Regards,

JS1scuba:
We stock BC hoses in every length from 18 inch to 36 inch in 2 inch increments.

If you need a hose we probably have it.

Every day .................

Regards,

I'm glad you posted that. I'm tired of always waiting two weeks for a custom hose. The link provided is down is there another one?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom