Key Largo Dec 11-12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarleyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife & I are headed down to Key Largo for a nice relaxing vacation.
Headed down early next week & have to be back home by the 17th.

Thought we might put together a little Scubaboard dive over the weekend.

Anybody interested?

Grove, Duanne, Eagle ? Pretty reefs ? Lots of fish ? Warm water ?

Hi Krista,

Yes, we always dive with Brent & Glen. Havent set any specific dives up yet, just warned them we were coming. lol

They like to do the Eagle as a 3-tank dive because its a long trip from Key Largo.

I'll PM Brent & get him to join this thread this evening. Lots of fish on the Eagle.
Then maybe a drift back up Conch wall and a 3rd dive on Snapper or Benwood ?

This is a good start, anybody else?

Anybody want to make a long weekend out of it & go for Fri &/or Monday as well?

HarleyDiver:
Hi Krista,

Yes, we always dive with Brent & Glen. Havent set any specific dives up yet, just warned them we were coming. lol

They like to do the Eagle as a 3-tank dive because its a long trip from Key Largo.

I'll PM Brent & get him to join this thread this evening. Lots of fish on the Eagle.
Then maybe a drift back up Conch wall and a 3rd dive on Snapper or Benwood ?

This is a good start, anybody else?

Anybody want to make a long weekend out of it & go for Fri &/or Monday as well?
Sounds like fun! Eagle (deep wreck)... Conch (deep drift)... Snapper (shallow ledge at dusk). Pack your lobster gear and bring home some dinner!

So, is that the plan then? Saturday, I presume?
Debating whether to come down Friday night and get in all day Saturday and Sunday AM.....if the 3 tank plan is for the AM, then that'll be the deciding factor.
Brent, can you recommend a cheap-ish hotel....the Marina del Mar is nice, but if I'm there for two nights I should probably opt for less $ accommodations.

KBeck:
So, is that the plan then? Saturday, I presume?
Debating whether to come down Friday night and get in all day Saturday and Sunday AM.....if the 3 tank plan is for the AM, then that'll be the deciding factor.
Brent, can you recommend a cheap-ish hotel....the Marina del Mar is nice, but if I'm there for two nights I should probably opt for less $ accommodations.
Saturday PM works best for the three tanker. Sunday AM is still open. Marina Del Mar will run you $82/nt (Fri-Sat). Gilbert's, Neptune's, Ed & Ellen's, and The Hungry Pelican are all decent lower cost alternatives. Let me know if you need contact info for any or all of the above.

I wish! I already have plans for the weekend and they don't include diving. :bawling:

Have fun! The Eagle was a pretty good dive when I did it 2 years ago.

astrl

Well the weather has been great so far.
Two good days of warm water & great diving.
Going out this afternoon, possible the Grove or Duanne depending on conditions.

Krista, hope you watch the weather, they are expecting a front thru Fri night.
Bring a jacket for the ride home Sat night. A 3-tanker comes in late, & it could get chilly.

Looking forward to diving with you again, you will like the Eagle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom