lights for spear guns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Del

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We sell and I use the Mares mini sten gun for use in the sea of cortez, but we have a problem with the lights we attach to the gun flooding. Is there a light that can handle the recoil and or is there a light isolation system that would cushion the recoil. currently we use a ss hose clamp to attach I tried wood as a cushion same result.
thanx del

We use the UK 4AA light. I have not had one problem with it.

Kyle

How about a lazer sight???

ShakaZulu:
How about a lazer sight???
That would be so sweet.
Place the litte red dot center mass and let her rip.

A few years ago I remember selling a spear gun that was made in russia that had an intragal laser. I think it was called a Sea Bear.

I used to attach a UK light to my gun with the light holder from UK that was used to hold a model light on a strobe.

Mark

Sorry I could not edit my last post.

I used the UK light on a Mares gun.

Mark

A trophy fish will usually not give you more than a fleeting second before he bolts from under a ledge or wreck, and your eyes have not yet begun to adjust to the dim light. A light mounted under a speargun can illuminate your prey when you have little or no chance of spearing the fish otherwise. After the first shot, when extracting a fish, it can be even more important to line up the kill shot.

I remember the Seabear gun and laser sights, and I bought a small number of them for our shop, despite the poor track record of most short pneumatic guns. They looked really cool and were heavily promoted. They were gone within a few years.

IST makes a laser in the housing of the Princeton Tec 40 light. We made a light holder for that light, and I still have a few. I don't recommend a laser however.
You want to be able to see your target, thats all.
Aiming a speargun is a skill aquired with hand/eye coordination, not a laser. Spears will drop a certain amount, and the shooter will only be able to determine this if he has shot his gun hundreds of times.

Presently we make light holders for Pelican Mitylite 4aa lights and UK miniQ 40 lights.
You can see them on www.mobilescuba.com/Quiver.htm
They mount easily to the wood stocks of Wong, Seahornet and Riffe guns.
The light holder is also the front part of a two piece side shaft holder, available for one or two spare spears.

To my knowledge we are the only manufacturer anywhere of a light holder for spearguns.

Chad
727-423-7775
cubera@ij.net

Back
Top Bottom