not even wet yet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomro

Registered
Reaction score
I just got signed up to take classes in Winter Haven FL SSI dive shop I have gotten thru most of the book and i'm looking forward to getting in the water. At 52 years old this is one of the things on my to do list. When I do something I get fully involved. So I hope starting out on this forum will bring some good experiance. I hope to do some bug hunting, fish spearing, and general seeing the wow. once I get comfortable with the experiance. If there is anyone else out there from my area let me know, my wife is a solid land lover (but will snorkel with me in the keys or Crystal River). So I will be looking for someone to dive with. I do travel the whole SE US so this could be fun

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local Dive Club forums. You should find lots of dive buddies on the Florida forum, and check out our New2Scuba forum.

I was 53 when I finally started Scuba, but my snorkeling experienced helped a lot with the transition. Just had to learn to not ever hold my breath, along with the new skills.

It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Profile with location - and separately - your Dive Info. You can use the Quick Links for such changes. And sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

You are smart for getting to Scubaboard this early. You will learn so much here. Things that would take you a lifetime to learn by your own experience alone.
All the best.

tomro:
So I hope starting out on this forum will bring some good experiance. I hope to do some bug hunting, fish spearing, and general seeing the wow.

You will get all that and more around hereTomro.

Welcome to the board.

Hello tomro and welcome to Scubaboard and soon, Scuba Diving!

Hi tomro, my name is Matt. I would like to welcome you to the Board! :balloon

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
I just got back into diving at 55 after being dry for more than 32 years, I count that as being a new diver, everything is different from when I dove back in the neolithic. You'll love it!
It's good to have you with us.

I have yet to get the inspiration I need to revise my stock message, but I have (some) faith {-It could happen!}. Maybe if I read over may last couple hundred welcoming messages. Hmm. Maybe.
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved to where it can receive better attention.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

Hey tomro,

If you're the kind of guy who gets "fully involved" (I can relate), you're going to really dig it here. There is so much diving experience and knowledge here. If you're like me, you'll find yourself getting sucked in. It's really fun!

Congratulations on your decision to get certified :cheering:
And welcome to scubaboard!

Gregg

Heya and welcome to the Board, we're certainly glad to have you. I think you'll find scuba diving to be a very rewarding thing for you to enjoy. Make sure to stop by here. It's a link to the Florida Conch Divers Forum. We're a pretty active group of divers all over this great state. Your likely to even find someone in your area to buddy up with. Also, just a little FYI, anytime we have something listed, weather it's a trip or a meet-n-greet, it's always an open invite for all to join. Hope to see you around soon... Keep us updated with your classes. :D

Cheers,
Vickie

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom