Destin Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SKREAM1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
Anyone going to be diving in the Crystal River/Destin area over the Xmas holidays? We're headed to Destin on the 24th and would like to hook up with some dive buddies on either wrecks or for Manatees.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums. You'll better find the info you're seeking in the Florida forum in that area. :crafty:

It would help in future diving discussions if you'd complete your Profile with location - and separately - your Dive Info. You can use the Quick Links for such changes. And sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

SKREAM1:
Hello all,
Anyone going to be diving in the Crystal River/Destin area over the Xmas holidays? We're headed to Destin on the 24th and would like to hook up with some dive buddies on either wrecks or for Manatees.
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Since your post has been moved to a location to get you better and more immediate response to your question, please come back and post in the "Introduction and Greetings' forum, we'd like to give you a proper ScubaBoard HOWDY! Unless, of course, you feel you've received enough warm fuzzies from your new dive buddies.

I have yet to get the inspiration I need to revise my stock message, but I have (some) faith {-It could happen!}. Maybe if I read over may last couple hundred welcoming messages. Hmm. Maybe.
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
Now get wet with us and dive into the forums to ask questions, answer those that you can and even chat with folks about diving dreams and nightmares. ScubaBoard is a great place to spend your required Surface Intervals.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved to where it can receive better attention.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

SKREAM1:
Hello all,

Uh, so which is it?

Unless, the hurricanes have really messed up Florida, Destin isn't close to Crystal River, even though on a globe it may only look like an inch or so, its probably 300-400 miles or so.. Tampa and Clearwater/St Pete are closer to Crystal river.

If you are diving Destin (between Pensacola and Panama City on the Panhandle) I'd check out these people: www.divedestin.com

I have dove with them before, know them well. They are good people and run good trips...

Hope you find what you are looking for...

Danny

SKREAM1:
Hello all,
I'll be working a lot during the Holidays and I'm not sure exactly when I'll be free. The best bet for you would be to call one of the two local dive shops to see if they have a charter going out. Another option would be to try and hook up with a local SB'er, Stone. He goes out a lot and is always looking for buddies.

ScubaTech - 850-837-2822
Emerald Coast Scuba - 850-837-0955
Stone - stone@valp.net

SeaYoda:
... The best bet for you would be to call one of the two local dive shops to see if they have a charter going out.

ScubaTech - 850-837-2822
Emerald Coast Scuba - 850-837-0955
Good suggestion. However, this time of year its hard for the dive shops to get enough people interested to make a trip profitable. Also, the weather can cause a trip to be cancelled in a blink. Just because you have a reservation doesn't mean you're going diving. If you can get off the pier, both of these shops give a nice dive. Emerald Coast tends to get a little further off shore and give a nicer dive. They don't allow spear fishing or taking of lobster. SCUBA Tech tends to stick close to shore but allows spear fishing. The cost is similar. In Pensacola, just 45 miles away, SCUBA Shack gets 15 to 20 miles off shore and allows spear fishing. http://www.scubashackpensacola.com/sdm.asp Call them at (888) 659-3483
That would be my pick, as long as you are in the neighborhood. Best of luck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom